Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

4 door Power issues

Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stretchn
Well I have a 2007 4 door Sahara Manual. The manual migh be my problem, but I wanted to see some thoughts on my power issues when I wheel. Of course I knew that I would have some power issues on the highway, but that isnt why I got it. It has 37 inch tires and a 6 inch lift. I tried to go up a hill that I did just fine with my TJ but didnt have enough power to get up there with the 4 door. Am I using the clutch incorrectly or do I need to get a run at it. I am little afraid to run at it, cuz, SPEED kills. Any thoughts

E
manual trans has a higher ratio than auto in first. with 37's you have to be in 4lo. the tj had the same power(assuming a 6cyl.) its just that the straight six had all power at low end where the v6 has it higher up. never let it go below 2000rpm and all the power is between 2500 and 4500. you should think of regearing as well
Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u have manual go for 5.13, auto for 5.38
Old 09-09-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also make sure ESP is OFF it can rob your power by braking for you if it senses a discrepency with tire rotation. I thought I had a major power issue when I first got the jeep till I found that button, it can really screw you up.

Quick Reply: 4 door Power issues