Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Is this a common problem????

Old 04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a common problem????

Hey guys and gals, I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to 4x4ing. So I was out doing some off road duneing with some friends and after going up a nice dune I whacked the gear leaver into park and my dash was still showing second!!!!!!! So my mate climes under my car and discovers that the selector linkage has come off :( he managed to fix it and I continued on and had no further problems. The thing that gets me is less then a week before I had the transmission serviced by the dealership, shouldn't they have picked it up??????? Thanks for any help that you can give me.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

believe that's pretty common from what I've read. Never seen it though. Think it's actually in the first or second moab video...welcome to the forum BTW.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Nawwwwww thanks for making a girl feel welcome it's nice to have some fellow jeepers to talk to as none of my friends own jeeps. And I think I might still have words to the dealership about the fact it happened and am so gonna invest in some more tools for the back of my jeep
Old 04-25-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't help with your question, mine is manual.

But I can welcome you to the forum. Cheers
Old 04-25-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by WRANGLEIT
Nawwwwww thanks for making a girl feel welcome it's nice to have some fellow jeepers to talk to as none of my friends own jeeps. And I think I might still have words to the dealership about the fact it happened and am so gonna invest in some more tools for the back of my jeep
Time to start converting your friends into Jeepers - take the top and doors off, and take them for a ride in it and you'll be amazed at how soon some will convert . Orrrrrr... new friends that ARE jeepers . Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Time to start converting your friends into Jeepers - take the top and doors off, and take them for a ride in it and you'll be amazed at how soon some will convert . Orrrrrr... new friends that ARE jeepers . Welcome to the forum.
Hehe I like your style but my mates are almost family so not gonna ditch them plus they have all just got new 4x4's. I'm sure I can survive having the most superior 4x4 hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply: Is this a common problem????