Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Hi lift & lift mate advice?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi lift & lift mate advice?

Got a hi lift jack and a stock JKUR with Smittybilt XRC rock rails. Not sure of where to jack on the vehicle w/out dammaging it. Wondering if its safe to jack against the tube on the rock rails, or will I start ripping it loose underneath? Also wondering if the lift mate attachment works well for the Rubi?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PaddyMurphy
Got a hi lift jack and a stock JKUR with Smittybilt XRC rock rails. Not sure of where to jack on the vehicle w/out dammaging it. Wondering if its safe to jack against the tube on the rock rails, or will I start ripping it loose underneath? Also wondering if the lift mate attachment works well for the Rubi?
Don't use the hi lift jack for changing tires. Use your stock jack. A hi lift is to help you get unstuck
AEV makes an plastic adaptor to increase your stock jack height for larger tires as well
Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by snopro269
Don't use the hi lift jack for changing tires. Use your stock jack. A hi lift is to help you get unstuck
AEV makes an plastic adaptor to increase your stock jack height for larger tires as well
Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific--I mean using the hilift in a getting unstuck role. The liftmate for the wheels looked to have possibilities, as there does't seem to be a lot of hard points on the jeep itself.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use the rock rails, in fact it is a preferred position if you are high centered. The lift mate would work if you want to shove stuff under the wheel but you can't drive off the lift with a wheel wrapped like you can jacked under the rail.

Quick Reply: Hi lift & lift mate advice?