Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Lockers or no lockers?

Old 10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the input...I have decided to go with eaton e lockers front and rear after doing a little more research and the input yall have given....thanks for the help
Old 10-22-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilWays
Gentlemen, Thank you for the input...I have decided to go with eaton e lockers front and rear after doing a little more research and the input yall have given....thanks for the help

That's what I got! Only have used on one trip so far but I don't think it can be stopped. Besides me breaking stuff lol
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilWays
... Side note: I am thinking about setting up for overland but most of that isnt crazy trails right......
Sometimes things can get crazy--depends a great deal on two things: What you choose to tackle, and the weather. The former is reasonably predictable, as long as you properly plan and study intended routes (though route difficulty can change, either because past weather eroded things, or someone decided the road needed "improvement"). The weather can get you into trouble quicker than you realize.

I find that the rear locker is most usable, and would recommend that minimum for an overlanding rig (something that will be taken on more than easy dirt roads leading to remote campsites during fair weather weekends, that is). The front I can probably count on one hand the times I've engaged it, and it's debatable how useful it really was. It does make steering the Jeep more difficult, which causes me to pause when considering whether I really want to engage it or not. The rear I've probably used a dozen to fifteen times or so. I'm glad I had it when I used it, though. I expect there would have been more towing/winching had I not had it.

Quick Reply: Lockers or no lockers?