Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Maybe the best Hi-Lift accessory ever

Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy it or make it, it's a brilliantly simple idea.

It's odd that it took a century, and numerous accidents, before someone thought of it.

There were quite a few circumstances when I avoided using the Hi-Lift,
but would have used it if I had such a stabilizing accessory.

safejacks.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjKEwBvczzw

Last edited by GJeep; 01-10-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're starting to carry these and I will say that it's not $5 in parts. I'm not sure why people would say it's overpriced either. This is on the high end, but... You're using a $75 jack to lift up your $35,000 vehicle with $20,000 worth of mods and countless hours worth of work and balk at $109 for the piece of mind of the jack not tipping over on you and causing damage to that expensive vehicle or worse, to something you can't replace like your personal safety? $109 is WELL worth the price of admission. Regarding other methods of lifting the vehicle, I'm sorry... but sometimes on the trail the factory jack, bottle jack, etc just isn't going to cut it and a hi-lift is your only way to perform the needed trail fix. I tell customers anytime that I'm asked, "a Hi-Lift is the most useless thing you will ever buy for your Jeep, UNTIL the day you need it).

Current production got rid of the bolts and include the quick releases that were suggested by Jonathan.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep

Jonathan Hanson (Overland Expo - Overland Tech & Travel) offered a nice improvement -- replacing the bolts, which connect the cables to the base plate, with clevis pins and J-clips.
In reviewing Hanson's story, which was dated 12-15-2012, he mentioned it was selling for $69.

Wonder why it went up $40 in less than a month?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by RodCyn
In reviewing Hanson's story, which was dated 12-15-2012, he mentioned it was selling for $69.

Wonder why it went up $40 in less than a month?
It didn't, the price has always been $109. Jonathan was sent a sample product for testing and he quoted the price for the wrong part number. That's the price of the Hi-Jack Secure Lifter.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the base plate should be in a plus shape, not a rectangle. Yeah, it still has the same area vice the ORB square one, but I feel like it could still have front to back movement, eventhough the side-side is reduced by the cables.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, i think you all may be complicating changing a tire just a bit.... just get a good bottle jack & stands to change tires and work on the jeep, esp off road. the hi-lift is a powerful tool but needs to be used properly, and changing tires is not the right application for a hi-lift.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jk.bushwacker
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, i think you all may be complicating changing a tire just a bit.... just get a good bottle jack & stands to change tires and work on the jeep, esp off road. the hi-lift is a powerful tool but needs to be used properly, and changing tires is not the right application for a hi-lift.
Obviously, a Hi-Lift does things that a bottle jack can't do.
Otherwise, no one would have used a Hi-Lift.

ANY Jack needs to be used properly, especially when used offroad.

Chris,
Sponsoring vendors here sometimes offer special prices for forum members... How about it?

Last edited by GJeep; 01-11-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
It didn't, the price has always been $109. Jonathan was sent a sample product for testing and he quoted the price for the wrong part number. That's the price of the Hi-Jack Secure Lifter.
Thanks for the clarification. Now it makes sense. Nice product.. simple and effective especially with the new mods
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

It seems like a really nice product, would it make the Hi-Lift safe enough to use more often? Such as jacking up the jeep to put on stands in your driveway or whatever.

Also I don't know how many of you read the comments after the article, the guy apologized for the confusion in price and gave everyone a discount code that's good through the end of February to get it for 69 dollars..
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cavallini03
It seems like a really nice product, would it make the Hi-Lift safe enough to use more often? Such as jacking up the jeep to put on stands in your driveway or whatever.

Also I don't know how many of you read the comments after the article, the guy apologized for the confusion in price and gave everyone a discount code that's good through the end of February to get it for 69 dollars..
Thanks for posting this information. I just ordered mine

Quick Reply: Maybe the best Hi-Lift accessory ever