Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

mudbog...

Old 09-14-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have let you all know I would be in between jobs during this event and I dont have internet at home.

I want to say thank you all for the awsome posts in this thread!

I did at least have the balls to go for it!!!

I have 5 cameras I will get cd's for this weekend and post pics.

The mud was close to 2' deep and very thick! I mean a large handfull probablly weighed 10 lbs I swear.

I pulled up there and chose 3rd and low. (now, I told myself if it got to where it was digging an inch a minute I was going to stop, this is my daily driver, I think that is wise). I made it about 1/3 of the way, It was digging and moving but slow. I backed off to stop...Decided heck, go for it more because I started in the deep end and mabey it would get going a little better. Nope. I couldnt get the rpm's back up and had to shut it down.

The anouncer was sure giving me a hard time, but thats his job, to get the crowd into it and have fun. Im sure they did.

I had a blast and my 6 year old Nephew seemed to love it too. 35's are too small. There was 3-4 others that didnt make it too. But one thing I did notice is the other rigs were "stock" BULL. Most of them would not even be able to drive on the street. But thats ok, It was all for fun and a new adventure.

Next year, I will have aftermarket exaust, chip, Intake and lockers since they dont seem to care if it really is stock. 37's are the largest you can go but I noticed a "stock" rig with 41's. My jeep was the only "stock" in the event. It was also the only Jeep.

Boy, let me tell you, that mud was so thick, It took 30+$ at the car wash and even more at home to get all the mud out. When I pulled out of there to head to the car wash, It had death wobble for the mud crammed into the wheels! I could only go 25 mph! Hehehe.

All in all, It was a fun time and the family had a blast. The Jeep seems just fine and cant wait till next year.

Give me a few days and I will have those pics.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Hey there, great to hear from you. This thread has provided quite some amusement to many.

Glad you did it and had a good time. Jeeps are very capable stock, and available mod choices are awesome of course.

Look forward to the pics.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

TheonlyREDhead, Great pics. Is that your son in there? He sure is clean unlike the rest of the jeep. That looked like fun, do you still run the mud?

Old 09-15-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran through some pits saturday with my stock JK.
Here is a pic of my jeep, I couldnt talk the wife into standing at the side of the mud pit while I went through so I got more shots of friends too.

Heres me

here are friends

This looks cool, not a friend though

more friends

Red

Last edited by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK; 09-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:41 PM
JK Super Freak

that looks like so much fun
Old 09-21-2008, 01:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, This suks, The photos did not turn out. Out of 6 cameras, here they are...

Me and my little Nephew in the pits...

Keith resting.

In line.

Punch it...

I did make it about half way...Look how deep it is....

I managed to take a couple pics waiting in line...

Well, my first run ever basically was a bad deal, But...I still had fun, Till next year, Im pissed.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Don't worry, there will always be stuff we won't be
able to make it through but it is still alot of fun!!!

Good pics, Bro!!

My mud bog was more like 150 acres 2000 cars
and very little order or guidance. So it is easy
to keep trying the edges of big pits and work
your way to the middle of the pits you feel ok
with. Every pit has a row of 100 vehicles watching.
And there is always 25 big trucks like the one in
your pic pulling people out.

Next spring take a trip to st. louis and I will show
ya how to have fun with 30 pits, trails, obstacles,
and alot of watching some crazy stuff. Its a blast.

Red
Old 09-21-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

oh yeah very nice looking jeep~~

Red
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

TheonlyREDhead, Thanks for the complement. The mudbog you are describing sounds like a lot more fun though. This one here I guess is a little more serious I guess. Even walking around the pits, the other drivers glare at you...Hehehe. Its more of a competition thing. It didnt look like that years back from the stands though.
Ive had more time to think about it and I should have stayed on the throttle as I did go about half way and the mud gets a little less deep as you go. We started on the deep end. Oh well, Its not over, I will go again.