Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Really Stupid!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4-hi is intended for higher speeds! I drive mine in 4-hi in the snow (as a lot of people have said) The key to this is the snow. This allows for some slipping in the tires as you corner. When you drive 4-hi on dry pavement you do get a little more wear and tear (again as people have mentioned). You will also get worse gas millage because your engine is driving a lot more mechanical parts than if you were in 2 wheel drive. So just remember to keep an eye out when you leave the trail and you should be fine.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
Sounds like something I would do

Red
is something i did, kind of. left the trail got onto the main road had to do a U turn to go the right direction and i instantly was like o ya 4wd right.... caught myself early or i probably would have taken a while to remember...
Old 08-30-2009, 09:27 AM
yra
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ruby07
4-hi is intended for higher speeds! I drive mine in 4-hi in the snow (as a lot of people have said) The key to this is the snow. This allows for some slipping in the tires as you corner. When you drive 4-hi on dry pavement you do get a little more wear and tear (again as people have mentioned). You will also get worse gas millage because your engine is driving a lot more mechanical parts than if you were in 2 wheel drive. So just remember to keep an eye out when you leave the trail and you should be fine.
True about the gas miliage.

Quick Reply: Really Stupid!