Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

RK sway bar links on Rubicon

Old 03-27-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krawlersaur
I don't think I want my links any farther than they were. At about 10° up (sitting level) they still hung low when flexing. Free precautions are free. I will still take the 30 seconds to disconnect them.
Do as you like, but I run Antirocks and never disconnect. With full flex of 14" shocks, I really doubt your swaybar moves more than this. I'm just saying that with proper setup you will be fine.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ringer

Do as you like, but I run Antirocks and never disconnect. With full flex of 14" shocks, I really doubt your swaybar moves more than this. I'm just saying that with proper setup you will be fine.
That's sick ringer. Nice rig
Old 03-28-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Ever since i have installed my rk lift i have never used the electronic swa bar disconnect since. If you actually use the manual disconnects, there is no reason for the factory electronic one.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by olyelr
Ever since i have installed my rk lift i have never used the electronic swa bar disconnect since. If you actually use the manual disconnects, there is no reason for the factory electronic one.
Or

If you actually use the rubi electronic disconnect there is no need to manually disconnect.

What's your point?
Old 03-29-2015, 01:45 AM
JK Freak

I paid for the edisco. I would like to be able to use it.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tcdawg
Or

If you actually use the rubi electronic disconnect there is no need to manually disconnect.

What's your point?
Wrong. Using the stock sway bar with a flexy suspension it is possibly for the links to flip if still connected, resulting in a bent/broken link.

Thats my point.

Originally Posted by lulu2533
I paid for the edisco. I would like to be able to use it.
Use it. I am just saying i have seen several pics of bent sway bar links from not manually disconnecting.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wrong. Using the stock sway bar with a flexy suspension it is possibly for the links to flip if still connected, resulting in a bent/broken link. Thats my point. Use it. I am just saying i have seen several pics of bent sway bar links from not manually disconnecting.
This happens because people don't take the time to set them to the right length.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

This happens because people don't take the time to set them to the right length.
Well maybe, i dont know. All i do know is that with the rk suspension and links (which the op is referring to) if you dont manually disconnect you can really fubar some shit up. There is not much adjustment available with them so not really sure what could even be done. Its in near factory location. What would a guy do, extend them and push the sway bar ends way up closer to the motor?

I think the factory bar simply doesnt allow for that much travel. Im sure it is a lot different than your anti rock unit, which obviously does.

Whats up with the backwards iroks? Such a badass rig you have there ringer!
Old 04-04-2015, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well maybe, i dont know. All i do know is that with the rk suspension and links (which the op is referring to) if you dont manually disconnect you can really fubar some shit up. There is not much adjustment available with them so not really sure what could even be done. Its in near factory location. What would a guy do, extend them and push the sway bar ends way up closer to the motor? I think the factory bar simply doesnt allow for that much travel. Im sure it is a lot different than your anti rock unit, which obviously does. Whats up with the backwards iroks? Such a badass rig you have there ringer!
I agree that the factory won't allow the travel of an antirock, but can get entry for the lift in question. I have installed numerous of these and they work fine. Yes, the sway bar ends up pointed up slightly.

Iroks are pointed the other way now. I tried running them this way for a little while after reading some interesting reviews on it. I think they work about the same in either direction.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, here we go. I doubt my end links were too short. They were 13 degrees above parallel to the ground. That should be plenty. Heres what happened after not disconnecting. Click image for larger version

Name:	11059706_902570243131598_3011441060570256671_n.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	623850

I usualy always disconnect manually. But today I went out with a friend in a little TJ and didnt expect anything big. The only reason this happened was I needed to find a new FB picture so I went and found a large rock to flex on, and I forgot I still had my end links on. So, longer links, using the e-disco, you can surely twist em up.

Quick Reply: RK sway bar links on Rubicon