Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Secret Jeep Wave

Old 06-06-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dvsdavis
OK there are lots of post on the "Jeep Wave" but tell me more about the "Secret Jeep Wave"
Well I got my first "wave" today from a Silver JK in Huntington Beach, Ca.
(no not the Secret one) I was turning east onto Slater Ave from Newland and he was turning south on Newland from Slater.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
JK Junkie

My sister was riding with me in my jeep the other day with the top off coming back from Kemah (the bay area) and she was posting on her facebook how bad ass it was riding in my Jeep. Then she asks me, "why are other Jeeps waving at you?" While waving at another Jeep I said , "what are you talking about?" After I explained to her that its a secret wave and some arguing because she of course didn't believe me, I was able to find another Jeep and had her do the Jeep Wave. After a few successful waves my sister was so excited and started to look for other Jeeps to wave at, then she discovered another jeep custom. She noticed that the other Jeeps she waved at where following me. Needless to say she is now disappointed at owning a toyota and wants to take away my Jeep.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default do the wave

First time I waived to another cycle on the road I almost spilled ripping my hand away in excitement. That was a week after questioning why everyone on one seemed to be waiving to me when they passed.
Slow learner.
I had noticed jeep owners do it though so when I became an owner myself in October I was ready. The Tick as I like to call her isn’t anything special at the moment. 11 Sahara Unlimited in Cosmos with tube doors and a smitty cres but it doesn’t seem to matter to most other owners. Maybe it’s just the area in PA. I get all manner of responses from 2 fingers off the wheel to vigorous hand thrashing from the slow lane on the opposite side of a major bypass 3 lanes away. I always wave, secret wave or (now here’s something I haven’t seen mentioned) the super double secret wave to every Jeep I see, even the mailman. Well, everyone except the woman in the yellow Wrangler I pass every day. I have officially given up there and reported the plate. Sometimes I forget I’m driving my Liberty and that usually raises some eyebrows or puzzled looks, and then I feel shame.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Post the wave

I love giving the Jeep wave but it really ticks me off when they do not return the favor
Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Arrow Ignoring a wave? Say it isn't so!

Originally Posted by TRLRDY
I love giving the Jeep wave but it really ticks me off when they do not return the favor
Yeah, me too! Seriously, what is up with that?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aeroschwany
Yeah, me too! Seriously, what is up with that?
it's all good, i know i've missed a couple myself...
Old 06-08-2011, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta love when people think they are too good to wave. Hell go to the country, everyone waves. I wave my middle finger at Hummers
Old 06-08-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

My rule is: If you're too good to give me the jeep wave, I'm too good too hook a strap to you when you're buried! There are excepts to this rule.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TROUPP
My rule is: If you're too good to give me the jeep wave, I'm too good too hook a strap to you when you're buried! There are excepts to this rule.
Or if they think they are too good they should have bought a Hummer.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well here's mine in advance in case I miss ya.

Quick Reply: Secret Jeep Wave