Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Smitybilt G.E.A.R. rear seat cover for JK

Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smitybilt G.E.A.R. rear seat cover for JK

Do the G.E.A.R. rear seat covers fit the JK? I looked online for the answer to this question and found different answers. I finally bought the seat cover and here's the scoop.

The G.E.A.R. rear seat cover is not meant for the JK (mine is 2008). Apparently the older jeep rear seats are about 6 inches shorter than that in the JK. However, you can make the seat cover fit quite well with a simple modification. The part of the seat cover that fits on the bottom of the bench works great. To make the vertical part fit, you only need to extend the plastic snaps about 6 inches. I did this by cutting 3 plastic snaps with strap (the male to female kind) off an old sleeping bag, and I sewed them into the straps on the seat cover, and now it works great. If you dont want to sew, you can simply tie them. Strangely all Smittybilt has to do to make them fit the JK is simply make the straps longer. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. My 1st post, sorry.

Quick Reply: Smitybilt G.E.A.R. rear seat cover for JK