Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Wheeling Illegally

Old 08-09-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"So Went by the local police station today. Saw 2 jeeps sitting in the impound lot covered in mud. I asked the officer I was having lunch with why they were there and if I could steal the lift (joking of course). He told me they were impounded cause they were trespassing and destroying private property and are goin to auction on the 14th....." Forwarded from a friend

Illegal wheeling is no joke people. Gives our sport a bad name, and negates all the efforts put out by those who work hard to preserve our sport and keep legal place open to wheel. If you aren't at a designated off road park, and don't have expressed written permission by the land owner, 9 chances out of 10, you're illegal wheeling. "That place down by the creek behind the old bowling alley" is not an acceptable place to go get muddy. Even if "there are other people down there all the time".

Moral of the story, if you do sneak around and wheel in shady areas, hopefully it catches up to you and you break something, get stranded, get arrested and possibly lose your jeep. Because you don't deserve it

Do our sport a favor and pass this message on in one way or another. We've all been young and dumb, but most of us have grown up and realized the possible consequences.

Last edited by kh202; 08-09-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh so true.Seen others who have no respect for the land they are driving on.Watched a video on You Tube that just me sick watching a meat head tear up a pond totally off the main trail.Keep it up guys,someday off roading will be something you read in history books

Quick Reply: Wheeling Illegally