Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

$60 cai.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoodJK
I would suggest finding a way to cut the stock air box so that filter is separated from the rest of the engine compartment. Since you can't keep the top on it, add some rubber along the edges so the rubber makes a seal with the hood when you close it. That will definitely help alleviate the problem of sucking hot air from the engine and road water.
you can keep the top if you want. normally its off but when I go wheeling I just throw it on and cover up the gap between the box and tube with aluminum tape. eventually I'll make it so it's sealed against the hood
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1075200882.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	206067   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3716159862.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	206068   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4571262.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	206070  
Old 09-03-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Was thinking of using some sheet mtel to create a box arpund the filter. Ideally i would seal it up except for the air intake area. First thouvht was to build something similar to the stock box which draws cool air from under the hood except make it larger to house the filter and allow any possible water to run away from the filter.
Any thoughts or comments welcomed.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well decided to seal the filter inside of the stock air box. Cut the upper lid. Used an airsaw to trim the part were the tube hooks up. This allowed the aftermarket tube to slide through. Used 3m weatherproof tape to seal the small crack around the tube. Took a stock air filter and used the saw to cut the rubber that seals the top and bottom half together. Used 3m ashesive to hold rubber seal in place. Installed filter onto tube and carefully hooked it all together. Checked for leaks and went for a test drive.
First i noticed that the growl was gone. The small gain in power was still there but noise was extremely reduced.
All in all im happy. A lil extra power and can still forde water.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1315239897822.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	207743  

Quick Reply: $60 cai.