Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

[SIZE=4][/SIZE] Just installed my first lift!!!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [SIZE=4][/SIZE] Just installed my first lift!!!

Just installed my first lift kit...Took my brother and I almost 10 hours, but we must have spent half that time looking around for the right tools! I think we could do this in half the time just in what we learned on the first one. Lift looks great and I absolutely love the way it drives. Just a bit of bump steer because I decided not to install the dropped pitman arm. Just ordered an adjustable trac bar from Rough Country to improve the geometry since deciding the dropped pitman arm was a bad idea. If anyone else is thinking about a Rough Country Series 2, I would give it all thumbs up!
Oh, take your time getting your steering centered just right. I really had no idea how much it needed to be adjusted. The first time I tried (pulling forward and back in the driveway), by the time I finished and went for a ride I had adjusted the tie rod so much that I could not turn left at all

Had to mess with that for about an hour, but now I can let go of the wheel on the highway at 70 and it's straight as an arrow (except for a tad of bump steer)...Hopefully the adjustable trac will fix that.

Does anyone have any idea why I can't attach pictures? Everytime I try it says "file too large"...Frustrating

Mike
Old 06-10-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the lift and tackling the install rather then having a shop do it. Try saving your picture in your computer then resize it to a smaller pic. Usually 640x480 pixels or smaller seems to work best....

Quick Reply: [SIZE=4][/SIZE] Just installed my first lift!!!