Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

07 JKU X "Tumbler"

Old 02-05-2022, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 07 JKU X "Tumbler"

Here is my Jeep that I picked up a few months back.
From the sale ad

First night home

My Sons first "look"

So when I bought it, it came with 18" Jeep wheels with barely passible tires and 17x9 8 hole Steelies with 35s that were closer to a racing slick. After a conversation with my local tire shops on what was available, I went with 34" (285/75/17) BFG KO2s on the Steels. I believe I have about a 2.5" lift that has SkyJacker shocks. I dont have any info on the springs at this point. I also replaced the headlights with LED Halos and have the matching fogs that will go in when its warmer. I have also installed a pypes high clearance exhaust that I found for cheap locally

Inside I upgraded to a factory myGig 730RER and added all the antennas needed to make it fully functional. I also installed some Grab Bars that I was also able to pick up locally from Facebook Marketplace

the Front driveshaft was clicking, so I replaced it with an Adams 1310 as well as ordered a full size KO2 spare and 17x9 wheel. Lastly I switched to an LED ring for my third brake light and got new black center caps.

Im sure there will be more to come

The following 2 users liked this post by Dbovine:
Jay2013jk (02-05-2022), Mark Doiron (02-07-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Clean looking Jeep for an Ontario salty. I recommend you look into Rust Check to elongate the life. Cheap insurance against further rust.
Old 02-07-2022, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 142 Likes on 140 Posts

Welcome from GA! How easily did the 730RER go in? It doesn't look like it would fit in my dash.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Clean looking Jeep for an Ontario salty. I recommend you look into Rust Check to elongate the life. Cheap insurance against further rust.
Its fairly clean and it had been undercoated by previous owners so just surface rust. I hope to clean all that up in the spring and do some added protection before next winter.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RonandJanet
Welcome from GA! How easily did the 730RER go in? It doesn't look like it would fit in my dash.
It slid right in, no modifications needed to the headunit or the dash. The hardest part was managing all the antenna cables behind it as there isnt a lot of room back there.
The following users liked this post:
RonandJanet (02-08-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Did a quick measure on the springs last night, and with that and what I can still read on the shocks (undercoating on the tubes) it appears I have the Skyjacker JK25BPBLT 2-2.5" Dual Rate Long Travel Lift Kit with Black Max Shocks

Its description says that its suppose to have a stock like ride quality. Im thinking mine is a bit worn. Anyway at least I know whats under there now!
Old 02-27-2022, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Finally figured out my GAS CAP and CEL light issue. first replaced the non factory gas cap with a proper OEM one. Then through some forum research went to check the lines connected to the vapor solenoid under the hood, only to find the bottom line completely broken near the corner of the battery and snapped off at the bottom of the solenoid. I got a replacement solenoid, some fuel line with an interior diameter only slightly larger than the outside diameter of the vacuum line and a few hose clamps. I was able to connect the fuel line to the bottom of solenoid and the sleeve it over top of the broken line and used the clamps to hold it in place. After a couple of drives, dash lights went away. When its not snowing, ill snap a pick of the repair.
The following users liked this post:
RonandJanet (02-28-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Upgraded my bumper to a 2021 JL take off and some LED Fog Lights

Old 10-22-2022, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Finally put on the Tumbler Decals today

Quick Reply: 07 JKU X "Tumbler"