Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2010 to 2012 Rubicon Unlimited - First Impression and First Mods

Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 to 2012 Rubicon Unlimited - First Impression and First Mods

Well, I was a year and a half into my 2010 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, and got a different job traveling more over the road. I needed to re-mod my jeep by re-gearing, changing lifts and adding bumpers etc, but all in all I wanted a different color and wasn't happy with the power. Could not get any buyers here on the forum or Craigs, so I decided to take the plunge to the 2012. Payments stayed the same, but now i'm financing out another year.

Here is my Triple White 2012 Unlimited with Tan Leather. This thing runs so much better it is unreal. The new tranny is so smooth and overall torque and performance are a VAST improvement.

My first mod was to pull the wheels and tires off and repaint them. I took my dremel tool and sanded them down. Washed - re-sanded - washed and then began painting them. I used rustoleum - black hammered. 3 coats and then 2 finishing coats of matte finish clear coat. I think they turned out great.

Added my hood mount high lift from the 2010.

I also removed the stock shift knobs and replaced with some cheapies that I had removed from the 10. I think they look better, and more importantly, with the slap shifting capability of the new tranny, its longer and puts it right in perfect reach from the center console arm rest.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

love the white with the black rims - nicely done
Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

that interior is f***king awesome
Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

RescueRubi - how did you do on the trade? I'm in the same boat....looking to go 2010 rubi unlimited to 2012 rubi unlimited.

Ps - the triple white looks amazing
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

BOOMER SOONER by the way!!! haha great looking jeep!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kneetard
RescueRubi - how did you do on the trade? I'm in the same boat....looking to go 2010 rubi unlimited to 2012 rubi unlimited.<br>
<br>
Ps - the triple white looks amazing
Thanks for the compliments. I love it. I did not do bad on the trade. I got 27 for mine, which was coil lifted with 35" KM2s and well cared for. They came down off of theirs and all in all, my payment went up about 40 bucks a month, and I'm financing out for another year since I've been paying on mine for a year.

If I put all the positive changes on the table, it was a no brainer. I felt the longer I waited the less I would get for mine in trade.

Additional 12V outlet in rear, AC outlet, usb outlet, steering wheel controls, slap shifting, rear door catch, new nav system, huge increase in performance, and the changes to the auto tranny and acceleration is the biggest change.

I just drove her (The White Velvet) -- 200 miles to a job straight into the wind, and then a cross wind for about 40 miles, and it never felt under-powered or downshifted, or if it did, I didn't notice it.

By the way -- Oklahoma is the only place in the world where things change so fast. 48 hours ago we had a decent earthquake, 5.6. Today it was 80 degrees prior to the rain. Then, we had multiple tornadoes, and in the middle of the tornadoes going thru OKC, we had another smaller earthquake, 4.8. Tornadoes, Earthquakes and Flooding, and now its 40 degrees -- all in a day in OK.

Last edited by RescueRubicon; 11-07-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 to 2012 Rubicon Unlimited - First Impression and First Mods