Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

3000 miles, time to introduce myself! (and show off what's gotten done)

Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Yeah yeah, I warned you! I'ts easy enough to just look at the pictures and get the idea.. As far as the shifter, that's the stock one. Just with a shorter boot. And without the gross stock knob. For reference:

Old 02-15-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I meant the shifter knob
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Namtaru
Sorry, I meant the shifter knob
Drake Off Road. They do them in black and chrome
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Like you, I've been reading here learning as much as I can before I buy my JKU. I think you did an excellent job with the write-up. It is so refreshing to read the comments from someone who can write. And you are obviously young (I'm past full retirement age but still working) but you have a good grasp of writing fundamentals. Do people ever say "You are a good writer for an engineer"? I hear it from time to time. Congratulations on both the Jeep and your plans for it and for paying attention in English class.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Kent Gratteau
Like you, I've been reading here learning as much as I can before I buy my JKU. I think you did an excellent job with the write-up. It is so refreshing to read the comments from someone who can write. And you are obviously young (I'm past full retirement age but still working) but you have a good grasp of writing fundamentals. Do people ever say "You are a good writer for an engineer"? I hear it from time to time. Congratulations on both the Jeep and your plans for it and for paying attention in English class.
Haha! You are dead-on on all counts here! I've always heard that about my writing, thank you for noticing! It's always come easily to me and I enjoy it. Which is why I do so much of it, even on internet forums... Enjoy that JKU when you get your hands on it
Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

hey man I see you're from NJ...close to bridgewater?? enjoy the new ride!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Nice Jeep
Old 02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

That was a very good read. Kept me following throughout the entire thing. Instead of new bumbers right away, try making those Stubbies for free. You'll enjoy the look much more with the cut fenders. Which are very tastefully done by the way.

PS I love the wheels on the car, first I thought you were rolling on Donuts.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd love to see the pics of the shifter boot install. I need to replace mine in a bad way. The stiff rubber makes it pop out of gear anytime it really cold.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Delux2769
That was a very good read. Kept me following throughout the entire thing. Instead of new bumbers right away, try making those Stubbies for free. You'll enjoy the look much more with the cut fenders. Which are very tastefully done by the way.

PS I love the wheels on the car, first I thought you were rolling on Donuts.
I've been thinkin about chopping up that front bumper. Just for now. I just don't know if stock bumpers are worth anything or if I can hack it up because it would go in the garbage anyway..

And yeah, those are the Rabbits snowshoes. Though it does look pretty awesome on steelies!

Quick Reply: 3000 miles, time to introduce myself! (and show off what's gotten done)