Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

305/70/17 MT/R-Kevlar & Grand Cherokee Steel 17 Spare Rim

Old 08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
it doesn't matter which way you mount them, blackwall in or blackwall out...the end result is the same. Either way, the driver's side tires will be opposite from the passenger side...
Actually it does in fact matter which way you mount them. It just so happens that the tire size you went with is a blackwall tire and not a white wall. The tires are supposed to be mounted so that the little lugs are in the inside. They are an asymmetrical tire and one side states "this side out" and the opposite side states "this side in"
Old 08-12-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Also, I read your little Commander Forum and glad you think they are Fugly. Just like I think Commanders are Butt-Fugly.

Haha to each his own!!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
Actually it does in fact matter which way you mount them. It just so happens that the tire size you went with is a blackwall tire and not a white wall. The tires are supposed to be mounted so that the little lugs are in the inside. They are an asymmetrical tire and one side states "this side out" and the opposite side states "this side in"
That's actually WOL's Lil Nemo, not my JK....but I'll take your word for it, just seems wierd to me.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

That's actually WOL's Lil Nemo, not my JK....but I'll take your word for it, just seems wierd to me.
Whoops. Sorry about that. I figured that was your JK.

But yeah, I thought that seemed weird too. But according to goodyear, thats how they want them mounted.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
You are being kind of a dousche about this. You posted on the Commander forum that you wanted more people to post up so you could show us.
I don't understand why you would not take me at face value. I told you I pulled that "fugly" spare off a brand new Commander. You then told him that if he did not have a pic it did not happen. (dousche)

Your doing research trying to prove your point, not find out the real truth.

Earlier today, someone on the Commander forum posted up that HE DID HAVE THE STEEL SPARE IN QUESTION!!!!! So, now there's two of us that have confirmed that the "fugly" spare was in fact on some of the Commanders. Jeezus! Why don't you sack up and admit that you do not know everythng about everything.

Last edited by shredX; 08-12-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it doesn't matter which way you mount them, blackwall in or blackwall out...the end result is the same. Either way, the driver's side tires will be opposite from the passenger side...

not true
these are asymmetrical, they are clearly marked out board, you have to buy then either with or without the raised white lettering.
if you mount the OWL in, the AT type tread(for lack of a better term) will sit outside of the center line as opposed to the inside....now will it make a difference on road or off..I don't know, but it goes against the design of the tires
Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shredX
You are being kind of a dousche about this. You posted on the Commander forum that you wanted more people to post up so you could show us.
I don't understand why you would not take me at face value. I told you I pulled that "fugly" spare off a brand new Commander. You then told him that if he did not have a pic it did not happen. (dousche)

Your doing research trying to prove your point, not find out the real truth.

Earlier today, someone on the Commander forum posted up that HE DID HAVE THE STEEL SPARE IN QUESTION!!!!! So, now there's two of us that have confirmed that the "fugly" spare was in fact on some of the Commanders. Jeezus! Why don't you sack up and admit that you do not know everythng about everything.

The whole thing about not having a picture to prove it was a joke. Just like when people say this thread is worthless without pictures.

Im not sure why your trying to be a hardass calling me a douche.

Also I never said I know everything about everything. Just stated that my commander didnt infact come with that wheel and that I didnt think commanders came with that wheel as a spare.

I could care less if im wrong. It wouldnt be the first time.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 08-12-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Anyways, the whole purpose of that thread on the Commander forum was to find out if any of the members had that steel spare wheel. I NEVER once stated in that thread that the commander never came with that wheel. I was infact trying to do research to find the answer. The only reason I opened the tread is because of the guy who stated that just because my commander doesnt have that spare doesnt mean that they didnt come with one. So I was trying to find out whos came with one. How is that being a douche????
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's try to keep it civil guys.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Let's try to keep it civil guys.
I was trying to......

Quick Reply: 305/70/17 MT/R-Kevlar & Grand Cherokee Steel 17 Spare Rim