Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

37" BFG KO2 Installed

Old 04-15-2015, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zroe
My guess is 35 Toyos (which run large) would be about the same as 37 KO2s. I wouldn't make that switch.
They probably do, but they will still weigh 10+lbs more than 37" KO2's which is what I want avoid so I don't need as many axle upgrades or new gears. These will be a nice bump over my 315" Duratracs which measure 33.5". I will be running MCE flat fenders, 37" KO2's and 2.5 MC lift.

Last edited by DallasJKU; 04-15-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
They probably do, but they will still weigh 10+lbs more than 37" KO2's which is what I want avoid so I don't need as many axle upgrades or new gears. These will be a nice bump over my 315" Duratracs which measure 33.5". I will be running MCE flat fenders, 37" KO2's and 2.5 MC lift.
Looking forward to seeing it, that's the same setup I'm looking for
Old 04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TaylarsJK
Looking forward to seeing it, that's the same setup I'm looking for
Hopefully soon.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
not many of those around the 35's end up being 33.5-34". Nittos seem to run true to size but are heavy. My Toyo 35's are bigger then my buddies' BFG, Mickey Thompsons and Mastercrafts so it is always a crap shoot.
My Fierce Attitudes 35's are a true 35" I'm stepping up to 37s and expect a true 37... leaning towards mud grapplers

Last edited by JK505; 04-15-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully soon.
Interested in seeing this as well.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had 37" KM2 on my last jku Sahara with factory gears and liked it even though it was very sluggish, my current Rubi I got the 315 duratracs and love them, been thinking of going up to 37 mtrk but I just love how these tires perform that I dunno if I wanna go bigger.... To the OP, great looking rig!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by twarne01
I was on my lunch break and thought I'd do a quick trail run
I crossed a small creek and stopped in the middle to see how they would do. As expected the tires are less than stellar in the mud and don't clean out well at all like most all-terrains. After some boring around I wasn't able to get enough bite to pull myself up the small bank and had to winch out

Not what I had in mind
Attachment 604746
Clogged up
Attachment 604748
Back to work...
Attachment 604747
Cleaned up after (Silver is on 37" Toyo MT's)
Attachment 604745

I am looking at upgrading from a Cooper STT in 315/75r16 to these in 37x12.50x17 ( wheels as well; staying with level 8 strike 5s) and am disappointed in your mud testing; may I ask if you had aired the tires down on your lunch break prior to attempting the little mud bog/creek you were unable to clear out of?
I was initially just like you and wanting to sacrifice the MT in 35" ( actually about 33.5 now that I am at 22k miles on the Coops) for this in a larger diameter and after reading about the 37s being only 68lbs, I was psyched. But, I wheel hard in both rocks and ( unfortunately in S.Eastern US) mud that I cannot always avoid getting to the rocks. I would very much disapprove if I had to winch myself out of such a small hole as you did . Now, your post is making me have 2nd doubts about this tire. I wonder what the next closest weight to this would be .... thanks for the information on this as you may have saved me massive disappointment. All the reviews imply that these are better in Mud that the old KOs but I do know that unless you deflated to around 10-15psi , then the mud hole creek would likely have resulted in you not taking advantage of the wider footprint and just dug yourself into the hole. Had you aired down or just went at that mud with 30psi on the KO2s?
thnks
Old 04-19-2015, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by j3ph3ry_j33p
I am looking at upgrading from a Cooper STT in 315/75r16 to these in 37x12.50x17 ( wheels as well; staying with level 8 strike 5s) and am disappointed in your mud testing; may I ask if you had aired the tires down on your lunch break prior to attempting the little mud bog/creek you were unable to clear out of? I was initially just like you and wanting to sacrifice the MT in 35" ( actually about 33.5 now that I am at 22k miles on the Coops) for this in a larger diameter and after reading about the 37s being only 68lbs, I was psyched. But, I wheel hard in both rocks and ( unfortunately in S.Eastern US) mud that I cannot always avoid getting to the rocks. I would very much disapprove if I had to winch myself out of such a small hole as you did . Now, your post is making me have 2nd doubts about this tire. I wonder what the next closest weight to this would be .... thanks for the information on this as you may have saved me massive disappointment. All the reviews imply that these are better in Mud that the old KOs but I do know that unless you deflated to around 10-15psi , then the mud hole creek would likely have resulted in you not taking advantage of the wider footprint and just dug yourself into the hole. Had you aired down or just went at that mud with 30psi on the KO2s? thnks
I know the KM2's in 37" are very close to the same weight.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twarne01
I just made the bump up to 37's from 35's. I wanted a small 37" lighter weight all terrain tire so I went with the BFG KO2. I thought I'd post some pics for reference since there isn't a lot out there yet for the 37's. I was running a 2.5" lift with small 35's (BFG KO) and just recently installed an AEV 4.5" so I wanted something that would fill the fenders a little more without losing a lot of power. The KO2's are exactly what I was looking for size wise, but would probably be disappointing if you wanted a true 37. They run small like most BFG's
About 68 lbs
Attachment 601965
Unmounted compared to my old BFG 35's (measured 33.5")
Attachment 601966
Unmounted 35.5"
Attachment 601967
Mounted just below 35.375"
Attachment 601968
Rearview
Attachment 601969

It's interesting that BFG's site shows that the tire height at 36.5 and just a little more in weight.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	607127
Old 04-19-2015, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RoysRig
It's interesting that BFG's site shows that the tire height at 36.5 and just a little more in weight.
Attachment 607127
yeah, I had been looking at the KM2s but thought the 'Core Guard' improvement in sidewall build was the initial attraction to the KO2; to me, the KM2 has always just been 'meh' and is not known for tough sidewalls. There are guys that are gonna explode on me for saying that as they swear by them, but comin from the STT I have realized nothin may make me happy that is less crazy overbuilt.
I was primarily disappointed with the mud handling ( I know , it is an AT) but really would like to know if the OP had aired down prior to getting stuck.
The images sure appear to not show any deflation.
I may go with my true desire and just splurge on the 37" Falken M/T in comp material at GenRight ( if they have nay left) . That is the tire I was hoping to get but it seems Falken has no desire to get the commercial version to market anytime soon.
I was going to get the KM2 in the 345/75r16 for my existing wheelsize but it is a Unicorn size that no one has seen available ( I know vendors on other forums) since 2010 or there woulkdnt even be a question. They just fdon't produce 'em.
I didnt mean to hijack the OPs thread
sure wish he would reveal if he had aired down before his stuckness
; )

Quick Reply: 37" BFG KO2 Installed