Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

37" tire with 20" rims or 37" with 17" rims post up pics and info!!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 37" tire with 20" rims or 37" with 17" rims post up pics and info!!

I don't know if I should get 37s with 20" xd rims or if I should do 37s with 17" rims so plz post the pics as well as the info on what I did. Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither! Get 18"s!!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guestion is are you going to wheel it on rocks? If so I would say no to the 20's
Old 08-17-2010, 08:29 PM
JK Junkie

If you plan on hitting the trails, go with 17's. They give you a lot more side wall, so you are less likely to beat the hell out of the wheels.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

I don't get it, really... If someone asks about 20's, that means they're interested in 20's. Not hearing (every time) about 18's, or 17's, or how the only way to do 20's is with 40" tires yada yada yada. 20's with 35" tires have the same sidewall as stock Rubicon Moab Wheels w/ BFG Tires so they're not rubber band or ghetto or whatever. Can't people try and be helpful to what people are actually asking about and obviously interested in? (for once?) I personally asked this (almost) same question just a few months bach and for the most part got nothing but the same responses. Not everyone is or will ever be a serious off-roader, and not everyone (but very many) are what many people here on the forum refer to as a "Mall Crawler", but so what. I personally will (on occasion) take my 2010 JKL Rubicon off-roading, but nothing crazy. I'm sorry that I don't want to F*ck up my $38,000+ new Jeep. Seriously! And to the OP, I have 20" KMC XD Addict (all black) w/ 35" BFG KM2's (not mounted yet). I think they look sick, they're huge IMO. I think if you are interested in 20's w/ 37's that would really look sweet. I might later (after my 35's wear out) upgrade to 37's. If you get 'em please make sure to post some pics up. SOME PEOPLE may be very interested in seeing your setup. Others will talk shit about how you should have gotten 18's, 17's, 16's or even 15's. IMO tiny wheels with big ass tires looks like shit, and I'm sure would handle like it too. What a joke. Only way I'd ever run 18's or 17's is if they came on my JK and I was just planning on getting bigger tires and spacers. Matter of fact my Rubicon DID come with 17's but I WANTED 20's! OK, I've got that off my chest and let the flaming begin...
-Jeff

Last edited by JKashat; 08-17-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKashat
I don't get it, really... If someone asks about 20's, that means they're interested in 20's. Not hearing (every time) about 18's, or 17's, or how the only way to do 20's is with 40" tires yada yada yada. 20's with 35" tires have the same sidewall as stock Rubicon Moab Wheels w/ BFG Tires so they're not rubber band or ghetto or whatever. Can't people try and be helpful to what people are actually asking about and obviously interested in? (for once?) I personally asked this (almost) same question just a few months bach and for the most part got nothing but the same responses. Not everyone is or will ever be a serious off-roader, and not everyone (but very many) are what many people here on the forum refer to as a "Mall Crawler", but so what. I personally will (on occasion) take my 2010 JKL Rubicon off-roading, but nothing crazy. I'm sorry that I don't want to F*ck up my $38,000+ new Jeep. Seriously! And to the OP, I have 20" KMC XD Addict (all black) w/ 35" BFG KM2's (not mounted yet). I think they look sick, they're huge IMO. I think if you are interested in 20's w/ 37's that would really look sweet. I might later (after my 35's wear out) upgrade to 37's. If you get 'em please make sure to post some pics up. SOME PEOPLE may be very interested in seeing your setup. Others will talk shit about how you should have gotten 18's, 17's, 16's or even 15's. IMO tiny wheels with big ass tires looks like shit, and I'm sure would handle like it too. What a joke. Only way I'd ever run 18's or 17's is if they came on my JK and I was just planning on getting bigger tires and spacers. Matter of fact my Rubicon DID come with 17's but I WANTED 20's! OK, I've got that off my chest and let the flaming begin...
-Jeff

Well Put jkashat!!!! FLUCK em all!!!!lol! 20"s and 40" tires DO look freakin sweet! BUT, 20''s and 37" are just as capable as anything else around here! especially if you get beadlocks! You can still AirDown 20"s W/37"s and go anywhere!!!! I say do it and dont look back! I sure wouldn't! All the "OLD" dudes that MUST have 15"wheels and a Shyt ton of side wall are all crusty and out dated anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Flaming OLD CRUSTY DUDES!LOL!
-2xcapeIN-
Old 08-18-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

Well, ask anybody that has gone into the rocks, and they will tell you have they have wheel rash. Hell, I have a taller tire than a stock rubi, with a smaller rim, and my rims have quite a bit of damage on them (thankfully they are steel).

And if going to a 37" tire, its either for just looks (so rim size doesn't matter), or its because you will be doing very difficult trails. Which means staller sidewalls are very important. At least if you care about the rims not being ground up on every rock you hit.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Well put, JKashat.

I will personally be going with 37's and 20's as soon as the budget allows.

Sahara models come with 18's from the factory. It's only 2" over stock. I don't see the big deal.

C.J.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2xcapeIN
Well Put jkashat!!!! FLUCK em all!!!!lol! 20"s and 40" tires DO look freakin sweet! BUT, 20''s and 37" are just as capable as anything else around here! especially if you get beadlocks! You can still AirDown 20"s W/37"s and go anywhere!!!! I say do it and dont look back! I sure wouldn't! All the "OLD" dudes that MUST have 15"wheels and a Shyt ton of side wall are all crusty and out dated anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Flaming OLD CRUSTY DUDES!LOL!
-2xcapeIN-
they are not saying that they are not capable, they are. just that if you plan on going off road that you will scratch them up and with a smaller wheel you will have more side wall and less of a chance you will scratch the wheel. i wish i would have went with a smaller wheel and 35's . mine are beat all up but i dont care cause its fun and i learned the hard way.next ones will be smaller wheels.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Planman for President - that was very well put

another 15" wheel fan here.

take your mall crawlers somewhere else....wah wahh i scratched my rims

Quick Reply: 37" tire with 20" rims or 37" with 17" rims post up pics and info!!