Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Added sprint booster

Old 03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Added sprint booster

So i went ahead and added the sprint booster this week. Kinda disappointed. Can't really tell the difference. I mean barely. Didn't want to buy the superchips as my 2007 JK Sahara still garenteed until May 2013. Might be because before the booster i had only owned the jeep for less than 1 month. But still. Jury is still out. Will keep playing around with it for another couple weeks and update my finding.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Well I think you said your problem ,You only owned the Jeep for a few months. I had mine for at least a half a yr before I became frustrated with the fly by wire response. Foot on the gas and a lag before it would go. I got the super chips but really did not notice to much of a improvement in power and none in response. A CAI made a big improvement in power. Then I put the sprint booster on and it was immediate in response. It does exactly what it says. Instant response when I put the foot on the pedal. Now this last week I returned the super chips back to stock and no difference . I may leave it this way because what I was looking for all along in the throttle lag was a sprint booster. I could not be happier.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my JK 4 years before I got one. It was a night and day difference for me! I let me GF drive the JK and I didnt tell her I turned it on and she got to 3rd gear and said what did you just do? It is more snappy.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm. Did you follow the instructions exactly, waiting the time they recommend? Do you notice a difference between green and red settings? I put one on my hemi JK and the red setting gives you whiplash if you don't throttle carefully.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
Hmmm. Did you follow the instructions exactly, waiting the time they recommend? Do you notice a difference between green and red settings? I put one on my hemi JK and the red setting gives you whiplash if you don't throttle carefully.
I just set it at snappy fast and forgot about it. Have not changed the settings at all. No need to I am happy. Whiplash I like that.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ShakyJake
Hum... Didn't get instructions. Was installed by my garage. I'm a computer nerd have zero manual skills. Installing something like that i would probably break something. Is there something i am not doing in terms of instructions to follow?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stevedion
Hum... Didn't get instructions. Was installed by my garage. I'm a computer nerd have zero manual skills. Installing something like that i would probably break something. Is there something i am not doing in terms of instructions to follow?
Well if you were hoping for power gain that is not what it does. When you drive youJeep for a while you will notice a slight delay when you put your foot on the gas. This is a product of drive by wire. The old cable system had a immediate response to the throttle. The sprint booster takes out the lag by feed forward so to speak the reaction of the throttle. with 3 settings . Fast,faster and fastest. Now it will seem more powerful but it is reaction feel at the pedal. Also putting a CAI will show some immediate improvement in power.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by viking

Well if you were hoping for power gain that is not what it does. When you drive youJeep for a while you will notice a slight delay when you put your foot on the gas. This is a product of drive by wire. The old cable system had a immediate response to the throttle. The sprint booster takes out the lag by feed forward so to speak the reaction of the throttle. with 3 settings . Fast,faster and fastest. Now it will seem more powerful but it is reaction feel at the pedal. Also putting a CAI will show some immediate improvement in power.
Newbie alert, what is a CAI? Air intake?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, a CAI is a cold air intake.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Cold Air Intake.I use a airaid cai I felt a power boost. Engine ran better and sounded better. A larger and smother intake tube made of either plastic or some type of metal. Plus use a bigger intake air filter

Quick Reply: Added sprint booster