Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Android + Torque App = New Jeep Gauges

Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bluetooth adapter

Here is the adapter I am using. It's been working great. It's a bit on the expensive side but the author recommended it. It's nice to leave it plugged in and just turn the power switch on and off. Got it at amazon.

model - PLX Kiwi Bluetooth
Product Description:
Kiwi Bluetooth is a plug and play wireless device measuring only 2.75 x 1.25 x 0.6 inches. Kiwi Bluetooth comes attached with a 6 feet OBDII cable for easy installation. It also comes included with a power switch built-in to prevent the need for having to constantly disconnect your unit from the OBDII port. It is compatible with 1996 and later vehicles. Connecting to your Droid mobile devices is as simple as pairing your device with a new bluetooth connection.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WilKJ
I can see the Tranny Temp on my 09 using DRIVE..
I cannot see it using Torque.
Torque has forums and they seem to be working on it.
Just bought DRIVE (had to search "transmission gauge") and tried it out with my PLX Kiwi Bluetooth adapter (says it requires an Elm327 Bluetooth Adapter) and it works on my '09 JKU. Drove down the road and back and the trans temp was around 166 degrees. The program is no where near as nice as Torque, but it displays the one thing I was really after!

Does anyone know the upper temp limit for the transmission alarm so I can have an idea of where to set the DRIVE alarm?
Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by finnd1
that could be true. However, while my 07 automatic isn't showing any trans temp info, i did pull the codes and see that i threw a transmission oil over temperature type of code. hmmm
Interesting. Means there must be some kind of temp sensor on the tranny, but the information only goes into the computer memory on models without a Hot Oil light. Would be interesting to try your setup on a JK with the light sometime.

Quick Reply: Android + Torque App = New Jeep Gauges