Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Anviljk Adventure Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anviljk Adventure Thread

Hello:wavey:

My name is Daniel and this is the build of my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. This build won't include a safari rack or roof top tent. There won't be any high tech equipment, ARB fridge, or drawers lining the back of the JK. The main purpose of this build is to do weekend trips around the east coast. I call it an adventure thread because it is just that; adventures of myself and my JKUR.

Anvil/Hard top/6-speed Manual/4.10 Gears

Installed the Expedition One DX Basic JK bumper, Rubiskid, and the side wings. Also installed the OR-Fab Vacuum pump relocation and Poison Spyder Evap Skid. Added a ground strap from the rear to the tail gate and stripped some paint off the Teraflex mount in hopes that it would fix my CB issue. It didn't. Found the Coax was pinched right at the Fire-ring against the mount. Look's like I will need to replace the coax again.

Some things to note here. The powder coating on the bumper and the vacuum pump bracket is already chipping at spots. The OR-Fab chipped just by tightening down the mounting bolts. Also, they do not supply the 6mm bolts to mount the pump to the bracket itself. Pretty happy with the Rubiskid and the Poison Spyder Evap skid. It's nice to know that everything is protected now. Gives me some peace of mind since I want to start playing in the rocks. The Rubiskid and DX bumper is a pain to install, i'm glad I had my buddy there to help. Onto the pics:

Here you can see the before and after the electronic disconnect rotated up and the bash bar removed. Defiantly gain some more clearance. You can see that Dana 44 peaking through now.

My buddy cutting the bash bar off. Only has 3,500 miles, no regrets.

Here you can see the mounting of the vaccum pump using the OR-Fab bracket.

Flipped the steering stabilizer. It's now protected above the tie rod. Gained a few inches of clearance now also. Last time I went out wheelin I got hung up on it. Now everything major is protected. Steering stabilizer, sway bar disco motor, oil pan, crossmember/exhaust skid, transfer case, gas tank, and evap skid.

The day has come where the JK grew up a little. Measurements before were 35.5" front and 36" rear with the Expedition One bumper and Rubiskid. After Evo leveling kit front is at 38.25" and rear is 37.5". Front gained 2.75" and rear gained 1.5". Not sure how the rear gained over an inch since I only put in a .75" spacer that came with the leveling kit. I checked and the springs are seated where they were previously. That one got me confused :confused:

I'm not sure if the pictures do justice but to me it seams pretty dramatic in change. Although the front is a little bit more taller than the rear now, I'm going to guess it's going to settle a little bit and the winch will bring it down so the front and rear are even. If not, then I can always pick up a 1.25" spacer off Northridge4x4 for the rear. As far as the install, everything was pretty easy and took about 2hrs. Have not really noticed a difference in drivability as of yet, if anything the front seams stiffer. It's also nice to be able to "climb" up in the Jeep now. I guess the next step will be to pick up 35's once the stock tires are shot. Anyway, onto the pictures!

(before/after)

You can see the stock spring sizes (#17) vs the Evo springs.

Also got sun burnt the other day with the freedom top off so decided to pick up a Spiderweb Shade and some mirrors for when the doors come off.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking good
Old 04-27-2015, 03:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice rig

Quick Reply: Anviljk Adventure Thread