Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Any word on jeep speed shop vortec/ls1 kit?

Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any word on jeep speed shop vortec/ls1 kit?

Has any one heard any updates on when this kit should be ready to buy? I know they were working on one, and were close to getting one made. Last i heard, it would be ready for sale first of the year 2011. Is that date still on, or will there be setbacks? Ive tried to contact them via website email with no response. If, and when, my 3.8 gets chosen by the grim reaper, it would be much cheaper to buy a chevy vortec powertrain. There is a salvage yard nearby that has several complete 5.3 vortec engine and tranny combos for $1200, their mileage ranges from 40k to 80k miles on them but thats not too bad really. I am very interested.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm also interested...
Old 11-10-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I saw their first smogged Cadillac escallade motor at the off road expo was in a jk. I would call them they were real informative At the show. Seems like the smog set up is super important for the referee.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Jeep Speed Shop rocks! He did my Hemi and is very knowledgeable. Great customer service.

Quick Reply: Any word on jeep speed shop vortec/ls1 kit?