Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Arb deluxe front!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd tell you all that I just ordered my arb deluxe front bumper and it goes on next week I'm soo happy. Can't wait to turn my tell thread into a show thread as well. Northridge hooked me up yet again. Thanks Dave!

Attachment 214792

Attachment 214793

Last edited by sringer; 09-23-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Ordered mine Monday from Dave at Northridge. Looking forward to getting it on (hopefully) this weekend. We'll see. Only problem is once I get the bumper on then I'll need a winch, and then stiffer coils, and then, and then... You get the picture.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LJ123
Ordered mine Monday from Dave at Northridge. Looking forward to getting it on (hopefully) this weekend. We'll see. Only problem is once I get the bumper on then I'll need a winch, and then stiffer coils, and then, and then... You get the picture.
I know exactly what you mean. Right now I have the lod rear on my 2dr. When the arb goes on I'm getting the warn 9.5 cti. Then once that gets installed I doing the aev premium 3.5" lift. I think I'm northridges best customer. Lol. I have had the jeep since last august. And dropped 9k of my own money into it already.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Welcome to the club, there are quite a few of us who run ARB bumpers. When you get a winch and if you ever want to upgrade to synthetic, the ARB may not be the best choice.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bkw
Welcome to the club, there are quite a few of us who run ARB bumpers. When you get a winch and if you ever want to upgrade to synthetic, the ARB may not be the best choice.
what do you mean? i ordered the warn 9.5 cti and viking synthetic and hawse fair lead and roc dog fab plate holder for it. why wouldnt it be best?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bkw
Why's that??
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK.nick
Why's that??
thats what im trying to figure out. no clue why he said that
Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may be because the winch sits back from the front of the bumper a bit and could perhaps cause rubbing on the line at an extreme sideways pull. Simple solution is to add a roller fairlead with rollers for synthetic line. I will probably do the same with mine as I live in Cali where a front license plate is required and without a roller fairlead the license plate keeps tilting back on the hinge mount.

Don't be discouraged however, the ARB bumper is awesome, you will not be disappointed.

Do be prepared for a very large box on a large pallet to arrive at your front door.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dstock
It may be because the winch sits back from the front of the bumper a bit and could perhaps cause rubbing on the line at an extreme sideways pull. Simple solution is to add a roller fairlead with rollers for synthetic line. I will probably do the same with mine as I live in Cali where a front license plate is required and without a roller fairlead the license plate keeps tilting back on the hinge mount.

Don't be discouraged however, the ARB bumper is awesome, you will not be disappointed.

Do be prepared for a very large box on a large pallet to arrive at your front door.
i pm'd dave at northridge. he said as long as i get a larger hawse fairlead...such as the northrige 4x4 fairlead ill be fine. we are required to have a front plate here so ill have the roc dog fab plate mount for hawse. the bumper was shipped to my buddies shop. he will be speedlinering it for me before we install it.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:23 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dstock

Exactly.

I run plastic rollers on my hawse, but would have liked to have the option of running a low profile billet fairlead.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE my ARB, and I'm sure you will too!

Quick Reply: Arb deluxe front!!!