Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Atlas 4speed Installed!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlas 4speed Installed!!!

Well I know it took me forever but I finally got my Atlas installed. It was pretty straight forward and simple, just a little time consuming and putting it in solo was a bear. The shifter setup is slick and looks really clean. The 3rd tcase shifter was my dilema. I figured out a good spot for it and once I got it drilled and ready to go. It was going to go right next to the center console by the other two shifters, coming out of the floor just below the line of the center console. When I got it all drilled, the shifter bent, ready to go I installed the case and the other 2 shifters interfered with my plan...rats.
Ok so I needed to figure out a new place to put the shifter. This was a huge problem cause I couldn't figure out what to do and don't have the coin to shell out for the fancy electric shifter from Advance.
Here is where it was going to go...

Under the seat I decided was the place to be for that shifter so I cut t way down (it takes NO leverage to shift the planetary box) and ran the cable in from an existing hole in the floorboard. Worked out pretty good. I can shift it with the doors closed but it is tight. With the doors off, its perfect. I figure I won't use the low range often so no biggie.
This is what it looks like...

And here is the shifters at the center console.

I installed a 1" body lift before doing the insall and that allowed me to clock the transfercase up almost flat which will be nice when I build a skidplate for it.

I am waiting for my rear driveshaft to show up from driveline service of Sacramento which will consist of 1330 CV at the transfercase and a 1350 u-joint at the diff. Installed a 1350 yoke at the diff (got it from J.E.Reel) so I could get a little beef back there.

The 1330 yoke at the tcase is a no upcahrge from Advance and should be fine for what I need to do. I will do updates on driveshaft strength with the 4 speed and 37's.
All in all, my driveshaft is about the same length as it was stock (which I had no vibration with the 4.5" lift) after losing the flanges and stuff by replacing them with the yokes. I was a little concerned about it with it being the 4speed but it looks good. Driveshaft length worked out to be 23".
I'll put up a video clip of it in low range after I get the driveline installed.
:smokin:

Oh, Obligatory helper shot! Thanks a lot Chopper

Last edited by ASTAR; 12-27-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: messed up
Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

that install looks clean. i noticed you also got a long arm kit. any chance of getting some updated pics...
Old 12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

<-----jealous

Looks good man!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Zee
JK Freak

Very cool!

Is it still a P/T 4wd? What ratios did you get?

Cheers
Old 12-28-2007, 06:58 AM
JK Junkie

OK.....I'm not "Jeep Smart"...not yet anyhow, I'm working on it.

What does this Atlas 4 speed do?
Old 12-28-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

the Atlas is a transfer case. he replaced his stock 2 speed t-case with a heavy duty (extreme duty - gear driven) 4 speed t-case. i think he said somewhere the lowest gear was 10:1. that means extreeeeeeme crawl ratio
Old 12-28-2007, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Very nice! Jealous here too! I noticed you are getting a driveshaft from Sacramento...do you live in the area?!! Would love to see your JEEP sometime if you do. The RE long arm kit may be in my future, can only dream about an Atlas though
Old 12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all.
Actually I had driveline service of Sac ship it to me, I am in So Cal.

The gear ratios are
2.72:1, 3.8:1, & 10.34:1
Old 12-28-2007, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. I can only dream.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Took a little video of it going up the driveway once I put the driveline in.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaHLBCh5NM

Quick Reply: Atlas 4speed Installed!!!