Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Automatic Transmission Build-Up

Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Transmission Build-Up

Good day,

Just recently installedall modified components to Level Ten which included a modified valve-body, pump, racing clutches and converter to our automatic trany and just recently i face a new problem

I have installed all transmission components and everything is working great. I now face a new problem that is in the computer OBDII of the Jeep Wrangler 2008. Just recently the DTC presented a code P1745 – This DTC informs that the transmission has been operating in an open-loop line pressure control for 2000miles resulting from a Line Pressure DTC. The 42RLE trannny was not designed to operate in open-loop line pressure control for an extended time. So this DTC protects the transmission and will note let change shifts. (it sets the tranny into limp-mode)

In order to erase this DTC I must reset the VLP Shift counter in a scanner called (Clear Variable Line Pressure (VLP) counter. Nevertheless it will keep doing this until I reprogram or reflash the computer?!
Is there any way to correct this issue. As I was searching, the Line Pressure settings are from 120-135 psi during shifts. I don’t know if this is possible.

Any recommendations?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ojaponte
Good day,

Just recently installedall modified components to Level Ten which included a modified valve-body, pump, racing clutches and converter to our automatic trany and just recently i face a new problem

I have installed all transmission components and everything is working great. I now face a new problem that is in the computer OBDII of the Jeep Wrangler 2008. Just recently the DTC presented a code P1745 – This DTC informs that the transmission has been operating in an open-loop line pressure control for 2000miles resulting from a Line Pressure DTC. The 42RLE trannny was not designed to operate in open-loop line pressure control for an extended time. So this DTC protects the transmission and will note let change shifts. (it sets the tranny into limp-mode)

In order to erase this DTC I must reset the VLP Shift counter in a scanner called (Clear Variable Line Pressure (VLP) counter. Nevertheless it will keep doing this until I reprogram or reflash the computer?!
Is there any way to correct this issue. As I was searching, the Line Pressure settings are from 120-135 psi during shifts. I don’t know if this is possible.

Any recommendations?
dude.....

I have no idea what your talking about?

+

hlaf box of wine...
Old 10-16-2010, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read:

"blah blah valve blah clutches blah blah blah auto trany and just recently faced a new problem.
blah blah blah Jeep Wrangler blah blah blah blah blah OBDII blah blah 2000 miles blah blah blah transmission.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah computer."

Whatever it is it is way beyond me too.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 over my head
Old 06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Did you figure it out

Originally Posted by Ojaponte
Good day,

Any recommendations?
Did you ever figure out what to do about this problem? I now have the exact same problem. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2023, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

The THINKDIAG OBD2 dongle you can buy off of Amazon for 80.00 can reset the counters. There is a guy on youtube that has a video of him using one with the same software (red banner on top). Only fear is you have to buy the software every year, after the free first year.
But the software is good, it can plot and monitor sensors as you drive.

I did two hours of research on OBD2 readers and scanners, and half the chinese vendors on amazon don't list this feature or even have a website. I found one american made brand that listed this code function but they were sold out on every model.

Quick Reply: Automatic Transmission Build-Up