Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Benchmark Dual Battery Install

Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 1000 watt inverter under the dash. I am planning on board air and a winch. I also added a 7 circuit fuse kit from painless. I mounted it under the glove box. I modified it so that it switches 3 circuits instead of 4. One of the constant circuits goes to the switch panel I put in the center console for switch lights and power for relays. I'm adding the CB today. I'm also adding a few 12 vdc power outlets and usb power points. One on the top of the dash for my droid base. I'm going to attempt to put outlets on the over head bar by the rear speakers to power the portable dvd players that keep the kids quiet between the house and the trail.

I'm a power nut...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold
I have a 1000 watt inverter under the dash. I am planning on board air and a winch. I also added a 7 circuit fuse kit from painless. I mounted it under the glove box. I modified it so that it switches 3 circuits instead of 4. One of the constant circuits goes to the switch panel I put in the center console for switch lights and power for relays. I'm adding the CB today. I'm also adding a few 12 vdc power outlets and usb power points. One on the top of the dash for my droid base. I'm going to attempt to put outlets on the over head bar by the rear speakers to power the portable dvd players that keep the kids quiet between the house and the trail.

I'm a power nut...
wow! this will be perfect for me. I have a 2000 watt inverter mounted under the passenger seat and am getting a winch soon. I use it to power my 2hp air compressor that I use to air up the tires quickly. I currently run a single yellowtop optima that I've had for almost two years.

Should I get two brand new batteries or can I get by with just one more new one?

Quick Reply: Benchmark Dual Battery Install