Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Safari Header Top - Meshed

Old 05-13-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKinTN
How do you like the Bestop trail cover? I just received the Smittybilt in the mail yesterday. Tried putting it on last night but weather was too cool for it to stretch out for the first time. Also, didn't appear to work well with doors/mirrors on. I'll mess with it more tonight but thinking of returning for the Bestop one.

Also, does it fit over the folded softop on the back?
It does it's job. I found it pretty awkward for one person to put it on and take it off the first time. I'm getting a little more used to it though. The first thing I noticed was that it was extremely tight! Especially when attaching it in the rear. It took me a while to realize that I should fold the mirrors in, LOL! Once I did that it was a little easier. It fits fine with the doors on but not sure if it would fit well in the back with a folded soft top. It's already tight as it is! It was real windy and rained a little last night and I park the Jeep outside so I was glad I had the trail cover!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Yeah, I have the mesh one also. There is no flapping whatsoever because the wind cant pick it up and slamb it back down!
Do either of you guys regret gettin mesh and not diamond? I'm getting a softtop for my birthday from my parents and I'm having some trouble deciding between mesh and the diamond black.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKid
Do either of you guys regret gettin mesh and not diamond? I'm getting a softtop for my birthday from my parents and I'm having some trouble deciding between mesh and the diamond black.
I have both, get the diamond black. On a really hot day the mesh does nothing to cool you down and keep you shaded. When its not scorching hot I would rather just run no top.

What I think I would like is the sunlighter fabric but they dont have it for the JK as far as I know.

Quick Reply: Bestop Safari Header Top - Meshed