Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Bestop Trektop Is On (Finally)

Old 01-06-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Trektop Is On (Finally)

Wow, if you buy one of these in the winter, I hope you live in Southern Florida. Not that it doesn't seal up well, but they shrink like crazy in the cold. Probably didn't help that mine sat outside in the 20 degree weather all day, or that my garage is maybe 50 degrees, but this thing was a b!tch. I expect it to be much better when it warms up.

Sorry, the pictures are terrible, it is cold and dark outside. I also did not have a top for a while, and therefore could not wash it. I'll try and clean it up tomorrow, if i make it home before sundown. Anyway, here is what you get for now.

More to come!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

looks good. time to get a better heater for your garage!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

be careful of heat in the garage though..i've heard it speeds up the corrosion when there is salt on the undercarriage..thata top looks so good, i plan on buying one for the spring/summer/fall. maine winters wouldnt go very well with that
Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

I'm just stoked if I can get it in the garage.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it all latched down? it looks high in front sloping to the rear... or was that the intention?

either way, it looks good!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Is yours the model with the rear bar or the velcro? It looks very good! Now can someone show us a 2dr besides the catalog pic....
Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your jeep looks awesome but your rear door look like a shopping list for thieves!!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
is it all latched down? it looks high in front sloping to the rear... or was that the intention?

either way, it looks good!
It is latched coompletely down. The height of the rear of the roll bar is lower than the front windshield. This is the reason for the slope.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Is yours the model with the rear bar or the velcro? It looks very good! Now can someone show us a 2dr besides the catalog pic....
It is the model designed for the rear bar. Howecer, the rear bar is not a standard option, it needs to be purchased, according to Bestop Customer Service. They said the way to tell the new top is by the tension strap that runs across the front seat section.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jonnyringo893
your jeep looks awesome but your rear door look like a shopping list for thieves!!
???? Door to the house or Jeep. The door to the house is impossible to open, the frame to my loft covers it. As for the Jeep, I hope no one wants a 37" MTR, because if you didn't mind lugging a 150lbs wheel and tire around, it's free game.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop Is On (Finally)