Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Body damage

Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rolled over a tree and it bent the fake beadlock ring on my wheel. I've got a dent like that between the front and rear door from breaking a sidestep on a big rock
Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Slid into a tree - pushed my driver's side rear corner in.

Before: (weird angle from this pic - was pushed in further than it looks)

The solution - AEV corners. Covers the damage and the nutserts helped pull the body back out a bit.
After:
Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for that post. I was wondering what would happen if someone hit something while using those flairs.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by D_engel
How much did something like that cost you?
There was some damage on the front quarter, too. By the time it was all over it was like $2500.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cyberfalco
Thank you for that post. I was wondering what would happen if someone hit something while using those flairs.
The reason that the impact transferred and went in so far was because I had them Line-X'ed, which resulted in a much stiffer flare overall. If I were to do it again, I would just have the tops coated, not completely encapsulated.

I have seen regular (non-coated) Xenon flares completely fold over themselves and pop back into place. Definitely recommend them to anyone. They're made of urethane, as opposed to plastic like the stock fenders or Bushwackers.

It was also in the upper 30's outside during the trail ride - so everything was a bit colder and stiffer that day.

Quick Reply: Body damage