Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

boggers? offroad application aside from mud

Old 04-12-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boggers? offroad application aside from mud

Is anyone running boggers as a daily driver? Ive posted a similar thread regarding the mileage and wear patterns, but I forgot to ask about the application offroad , aside from mud.
Do 37" boggers handle good in desert terrain or how about slick rocks (like moab slick rocks) To be honest, I am leaning towards the boggers because of the tough look and the price. Alot of the 37's get so high in price, just can afford 400+ a tire.

thanks,

Brian, AZ
Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

That was the first time I ever heard Boggers and daily driver used in the same sentance.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

your right it isnt usually what you think of as a daily driver, but I only work 3 miles from home. I am also planing on getting a bike to relieve some of the gas crunch. I just dont know how good the boggers are at any other terrain aside from mud. Snow, rock, sand, gravel, ???
Old 04-13-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a set of 38's on a F-250 it was my daily driver. They are not very good in the sand they like to dig deep down looking for solid ground. I am not sure on rock but I dont think they would be very good unless you cut them due to the tread design. Loud as hell on road but I really loved those tires and I may get another set someday. If you are worried about road noise DO NOT get them. Oh and dont expect to get more than around 18000-20000 miles out of them. Hope that helps....
Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Here is a pretty cool application for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBEJnXL8SUc
Old 04-13-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

that video helped, I used to run mud grapplers so road noise isnt an issue, I just want a practical and hardcore look. I have yet to see an unlimited rubicon on 37" boggers.
hopefully soon.

Thanks

Quick Reply: boggers? offroad application aside from mud