Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Build-Up Thread: Black Sunshine

Old 02-21-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that thing is clean...Love the tires. Good build-up!

Last edited by Loadbreak; 02-21-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Farewell Black Sunshine.

On 4th April 2013 at approximately 14:00hrs I was on my way back from The Shane Company, a local jewelers here in St. Louis. I was making a payment on my future wife's engagement ring. As I crossed an intersection I had a head on collision at speeds of over 40mph with a Dodge Ram pickup. The impact spun my JK a full 360 degrees causing my two rear tires to impact a curb. The rear passenger side tire bounced cleanly over the curb but the drivers side caught, pulling the axle clear of the sleeve to be left in the intersection like a toppled teatherball pole. Both of us were completely unharmed but the damage to my 2008 JKU Rubicon was catastrophic.

Photo Apr 04, 3 10 56 PM by skippman, on Flickr

Photo Apr 04, 3 10 27 PM by skippman, on Flickr

Photo Apr 04, 3 31 33 PM by skippman, on Flickr

Photo Apr 04, 3 31 24 PM by skippman, on Flickr

I've since bought a new Rubicon and will be starting over from scratch. Rest in peace Black Sunshine. The memories you gave me and my family will be with us forever. Thanks for saving my life.

Last edited by Skippman; 08-11-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Build-Up Thread: Black Sunshine