Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Calling all XD Cranks

Old 07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by csuviper
I installed the 2.5" spacer lift myself last weekend and surprised my wife with wheels and tires for her birthday yesterday. Here is the before and after if you guys are interested.
So do you have a jeep or is it your wife's jeep?

If it is your wife's jeep well then, I was in the same boat until 2 weeks ago.

Now we both have jeeps.

By the way, looks good!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Halas
So do you have a jeep or is it your wife's jeep?

If it is your wife's jeep well then, I was in the same boat until 2 weeks ago.

Now we both have jeeps.

By the way, looks good!
Yep it is my wifes jeep. She joined in the fun of modding out her jeep. Unlike you i do not have a jeep myself. My passion lies somewhere else .
Old 07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

I did not have a jeep myself either, I got hooked while modding my wife's jeep.
At 37 and 11 GM vehicles under my belt, I broke the cherry and got my own jeep 2 weeks ago.

Yes three of the gm's were cadillacs, I have one of those old people commemorative emblems for my grill for owning so many..... But it is in my office...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3641589803.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	338890  
Old 07-12-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Wasn't going to do it but I have to. I am a Toyota guy. Love my 07 Tacoma and 84 crawler.

So I don't get in trouble, here are some more pics of the wife's jeep with the 17"x9" XD Cranks with 285/70R17 BFG All Terrain T/A Tires.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by csuviper
Wasn't going to do it but I have to. I am a Toyota guy. Love my 07 Tacoma and 84 crawler.

So I don't get in trouble, here are some more pics of the wife's jeep with the 17"x9" XD Cranks with 285/70R17 BFG All Terrain T/A Tires.
Cool, have you taken the top and doors off your Jeep?

Take them off then go off roading and see if you are sold yet.... Nice trucks by the way.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by luisgus
17inch XD cranks with bf goodrich mud terrain tires.

Took them off road for the first time and scratched them all, plus one of the caps broke off.... They look good, dont get me wrong but If i had to buy new rims all over again i would consider purchasing different brand.

Attachment 331394
I scratched two of mine the first time I took it off road as well. Ugh! Oh well, I still love the way they look, and the fact that they aren't on every Dick, Jane and Harry's rides...yet.

Looks good, btw!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hey Cranks!!!

I decided to switch from buying 20" Rockstars to 20" Cranks!!! Thanks for making me see clearly
Its true, not everyone has these and they really do look kick ass!!!

I was looking at 295/55/20, and i know this is about just the rims... However, whats the tread life like on these tires? Mine is a daily driver, and in winter i switch back to my factory 18" I was going to look at Toyo and it had the WORST millage!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, i hear adding this wheel as a spare causes 2 much strain on the spare tire mount, thus causing it to break off... Should i be concerned about this, did you add something to the mount to make it stronger? Thanks

Oh and last question....
Im assuming that you got the Flashpaq Superchip, if thats the case did you bother getting your wheel and tire package with the TPMS installed?
Any difference in Flashpaq to Procal?

Last edited by N152N; 07-15-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by N152N
I decided to switch from buying 20" Rockstars to 20" Cranks!!! Thanks for making me see clearly
Its true, not everyone has these and they really do look kick ass!!!

I was looking at 295/55/20, and i know this is about just the rims... However, whats the tread life like on these tires? Mine is a daily driver, and in winter i switch back to my factory 18" I was going to look at Toyo and it had the WORST millage!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, i hear adding this wheel as a spare causes 2 much strain on the spare tire mount, thus causing it to break off... Should i be concerned about this, did you add something to the mount to make it stronger? Thanks

Oh and last question....
Im assuming that you got the Flashpaq Superchip, if thats the case did you bother getting your wheel and tire package with the TPMS installed?
Any difference in Flashpaq to Procal?
Tread life depends on the tire, most of the mt's do not get great tread life but if you are switching back and forth you should be ok.

I do not have additional support and they are nitto trail' 305/55/20, no problem yet.

Flashpaq is only good for 2010 and lower.... It does work great though.

No tmps.

Last edited by Halas; 07-15-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Halas
Tread life depends on the tire, most of the mt's do not get great tread life but if you are switching back and forth you should be ok.

I do not have additional support and they are nitto trail' 305/55/20, no problem yet.

Flashpaq is only good for 2010 and lower.... It does work great though.
'
No tmps.

So whta dont you like about the Flashpac? u think procal is better?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by N152N

So whta dont you like about the Flashpac? u think procal is better?
They don't work on anything newer than '10. Procal is only option on newer models for now

Quick Reply: Calling all XD Cranks