Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Concealed Carry Holder

Old 11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concealed Carry Holder

I needed a place to put my sig that was out of sight and easy to get to if I needed it, so this is what I came up with. And it fits perfectly. Plus it is lockable for the summer time topless season.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2340058917.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	103167   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3953422876.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	103168   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-530866726.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	103169  
Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

That looks amazing... My next mod for sure...
Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Even locked--I don't know if I would trust the center console with a gun in it topless. Looks good though.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

maybe make a cover for it so the common thief wouldn't find it.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say a cover as well. On the other hand can you do a write up for how you did all that? Very creative, I like it. I on the other hand keep mine in the holster.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Good Idea, but I don't know if I would trust the center console lock
Old 11-18-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by crazyloggy
I needed a place to put my sig that was out of sight and easy to get to if I needed it, so this is what I came up with. And it fits perfectly. Plus it is lockable for the summer time topless season.
Not the smartest idea for a hiding place. You may have it " locked" but any weak dumbass could rip the cover off the center consol. If you didnt notice the four 8mm bolts securing that on. Not sure about the legality of a hidden weapon either, you should check into that. I know in my state its illegal. Check into it before you run into some trouble, all for something you will most likely never use.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok earlyJK for one I'm not a moron I have a lifetime concealed weapons permit! To everyone that is worried about it getting stollen about the only time it's not on me is when I'm at work. I do agree it to the cover I just can't think of a way to make it functionally fast incase of a need.

I'll do a quick run through on the process. First I fit the gun in the console and traced the butt of the gun ( the portion to be cut out) this will be different for every gun obviously. I used a multi master to cut it out( that's the tool reverberates to cut). After I had it cut out where it fits I used a file and a sander to smooth out the edges. Then using rubber drawer liner like the stuff you put on the bottom of a tool chest, cut it to fit and sprayed both surfaces with 3M high strength spray adhesive. After placing the liner in and letting it dry I had a vibration resistant and protected surface for the gun to sit on. Then you need to find a piece of firm rubber to support the barrel against the side of the console, use a dry wall screw to secure it. Now on to the holding device, I used a lock out tag out clasp. I will take a picture of one not cut up so you know what to buy. I bent it in a vice to get the size and shape I needed it to be so that it will hold it tight. It took me 45 minutes to make it and find stuff to use. I have a bad habit of just cutting before I find all the stuff I'm going to use, it makes it more fun for me to improvise!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

you might want to check with the police or someone that knows the law about where and how you can store or hide you gun. i know that most states, if not all states, you can not have a "secret compartment" for your gun. it might be considered a secret compartment if you cover it. just something to think about. cool mod.

Last edited by lvdoug; 11-18-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you lock the console it should be legal.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry Holder