Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrat
Wheres the build,i dont see sh.............................t, must not have enough donations.
being shipped next week.
build will take place in the rebuild thread, not here.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hayden911
This thread used to be fun. When it simply was a discussion about the rebuild process and dealing with a Jeep dealer. Not anymore, I'm unsubscribing.
X2... Kinda sad really. Opinions are one thing, but when it turned into a bashing session that was a little much. We won't always agree with each other and that's what makes the world go round. But there was no need to be completely bashing and making someone feel like shit.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
First off, Crash never asked for anyone to donate money. That was something Camp came up with to help out a fellow Jeeper. Just like you, Camp read through this thread and out of generosity decided that he was going to help out Crash. It is what it is. Get over it and move on. No one is expecting you to pay for Crash's mistake.

He didn't?

"I don't want any of you to get in trouble either. If you all collectively decide to do something like this, please make sure you go through the appropriate channels, and get all of the proper permissions from the forum authorities. Perhaps a forum sponsor would need to be involved. I'm sure that the Moderators and Admin can answer any questions."

Looks pretty plain to me!

Sorry man . . re-build his Jeep if you want to but I am out. I think it's a nice offer from Camp however, I dont feel it should be at the forums expense. This is not what this forum is for. Camp seems like a really genuine guy. Hell, iirc, didn't he already give Crash a free COP4x4 Nack, and a free trip to Vegas for the SEMA show? WOW!

Is this going to set a precedence here on the JK-Forum. So everytime a member damages his Jeep wheeling, the members are expected to donate five dollars

How many of the 20,000 plus forum members do you think have felt the recent economic strain? I am certain Crash is not the only person on here that has damaged their rig while wheelin. Yet I don't see them on here constantly whining and searching for pity. There are inherent risks when wheeling - you gotta pay to play.

I have been laid off work since July and don't have the money to take unnecessary risks with my DD. I can barely make my payments. I spend all my extra time seeking odd jobs to stay current and keep it insured. What I would never do is sit on here and piss and moan about how tough times are for me.

Bash me all you want, If my opinion differs from yours so what. I'm sure it's not the only thing we would disagree on. You'll get over it.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ShawnJ
He didn't?

"I don't want any of you to get in trouble either. If you all collectively decide to do something like this, please make sure you go through the appropriate channels, and get all of the proper permissions from the forum authorities. Perhaps a forum sponsor would need to be involved. I'm sure that the Moderators and Admin can answer any questions."

Looks pretty plain to me!

Sorry man . . re-build his Jeep if you want to but I am out. I think it's a nice offer from Camp however, I dont feel it should be at the forums expense. This is not what this forum is for. Camp seems like a really genuine guy. Hell, iirc, didn't he already give Crash a free COP4x4 Nack, and a free trip to Vegas for the SEMA show? WOW!

Is this going to set a precedence here on the JK-Forum. So everytime a member damages his Jeep wheeling, the members are expected to donate five dollars

How many of the 20,000 plus forum members do you think have felt the recent economic strain? I am certain Crash is not the only person on here that has damaged their rig while wheelin. Yet I don't see them on here constantly whining and searching for pity. There are inherent risks when wheeling - you gotta pay to play.

I have been laid off work since July and don't have the money to take unnecessary risks with my DD. I can barely make my payments. I spend all my extra time seeking odd jobs to stay current and keep it insured. What I would never do is sit on here and piss and moan about how tough times are for me.

Bash me all you want, If my opinion differs from yours so what. I'm sure it's not the only thing we would disagree on. You'll get over it.
He was not asking...he was responding to many good people wanting to help him out by sending money. You should read a bit more...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

after 103 pages, I cant believe this is still going back and forth.

I was hoping to avoid moderating this thread in hopes that it would fix itself. Since it cant seem to happen, i am now closing this thread.

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-10-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Crash's Carnage- The Death of the Tonka?