Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Crown Jerry Cans (11010R)

Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crown Jerry Cans (11010R)

Anyone have experience with the Crown Automotive 5 gallon jerry/gerry can? Part number is 11010R. Just want to make sure these things don't leak. My other alternative is the Blitz 81733 with Metal Enviro-Flo spout, which is a discontinued item. So my choices are:

Still available, non CARB compliant jerry can (Crown) vs. Discontinued, CARB/DOT compliant jerry can (Blitz)

VERSUS
Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna go with a RotoPax set up myself.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by awesomo
Anyone have experience with the Crown Automotive 5 gallon jerry/gerry can? Part number is 11010R. Just want to make sure these things don't leak. My other alternative is the Blitz 81733 with Metal Enviro-Flo spout, which is a discontinued item. So my choices are:

Still available, non CARB compliant jerry can (Crown) vs. Discontinued, CARB/DOT compliant jerry can (Blitz)

VERSUS
I cannot comment on the Crown ones but the blitz style pour spout is really flimsy. Either way I would get a hand transfer pump. It takes longer but is a better way to move the gas from can to tank. Myself, I am going with rotopax. The Jerry cans just rattled a bit much. Rotopax look like they will be around a long while. We will see how well i like them.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by albg
I cannot comment on the Crown ones but the blitz style pour spout is really flimsy. Either way I would get a hand transfer pump. It takes longer but is a better way to move the gas from can to tank. Myself, I am going with rotopax. The Jerry cans just rattled a bit much. Rotopax look like they will be around a long while. We will see how well i like them.
Capacity is an issue...for my setup I can either go with 8 gallons using rotopax (2x 4gallon containers) or 10 gallons with the jerry cans (2x 5gallon containers).

I bought the blitz ones this morning and will be using the original M38 metal jerry can spout.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually have one of each on the back of my Jeep.

Crown Pro: built in spout, real vent for faster pour, fits Blitz type mounts. Con: water gathers in the handle area when it rains, O-rings crack over time. So far it has not leaked. Been on the Jeep 2 months.

Blitz Pros: O-rings last well, spout with the flow/no flow is nice when filling power equipment, large fill holes and the caps are hard to open by hand, so a bit more theft-proof. Cons: spout leaks, after a couple years the paint is a mess, water is captured in the bowl-like caps and corrodes them. They have not leaked. Been on the jeep 3 years.

I use a Super Siphon to empty them into the Jeep.

I am actually glad you posted this question as I wanted another of the Crown cans but did not know who made them (I won mine at a Jeep event) as they are not labeled.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very little information out there on the Crown fuel cans. I expect they are made overseas.

The Blitz cans are great...the CARB compliant spouts SUCK BALLS!! I threw mine away and opted for a funnel and a Super Siphon hose.

Quick Reply: Crown Jerry Cans (11010R)