Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom Made Head Rest Covers

Old 01-29-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Custom Made Head Rest Covers

Hey guys, i just wanted to share my latest little project. I got in my Jeep one day a few weeks ago and slipped back and hit my head on the headrest on the corner and realized how hard the headrests were.. so i patterned out the face and sides of the headrest using the patterning paper we use at our canvas shop and then cut out the vynil to the patterns i made. Feeling creative i wanted to put in a black insert, after figuring it out and sewing it i went back and stitched the sides down for that classic look. when i finally had the skin all made i shoved some 1/2" foam in the front top back and sides. it fit really well but i had to make a quick bottom so i made the bottoms velcro together, a few weeks later i made a passenger one with a white insert to mix it up a little bit. So here are my Custom made, padded head rest covers! They're nice and soft too

Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the vinyl looks really odd and out of place against the mesh of the seats. I would have used the same material the seats are made out of and put foam in there.

Nice work and craftsmanship. Very creative.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
I think the vinyl looks really odd and out of place against the mesh of the seats. I would have used the same material the seats are made out of and put foam in there.

Nice work and craftsmanship. Very creative.
x2 very creative though. I hate the factory headrests
Old 01-29-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was working with what i had and to match the material of the seats it was either vynil or sunbrella fabric and sunbrella may or may not have been better but both are waterproof. thanks for the compliments.
the flash from the camera really shows the difference but in regular daylight they looks alot closer together..

Quick Reply: Custom Made Head Rest Covers