Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Deer VS Sahara

Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch i bet the deer has a head ache

sorry about the dammage but hey it can only get better from here!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Coming up on 4 weeks without my New/ banged up Jeep. Body shop is telling me they cant get parts everything is on backorder.

Whats the deal with Chrysler's DC? 4 weeks and still no Fender or wheel well.

Guess I wont be driving it till it really is an 08'.

Last edited by sasquatchpoacher; 12-19-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Default Deer steak for everyone

I think you can come up with a better story than a DEER.
anybody can hit a DEER.
I would have told everyone you hit a SASQUATCH

Glad your ok , I have a black Sahara as well and would really hate to see it that way. GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by capt scotty; 12-19-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Wow! Ouch. Glad that you're OK - that's what really matters, but I'm sorry for your temporary Jeep loss, just the same...
Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

What did you do about the deer?
Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sasquatchpoacher
I was very surprised at how thin the fender sheet metal was. I knew the fender flare was just plastic, but the fender its self got bent up so bad that it cracked my power steering reservoir and pushed my air box back into the engine. Pretty sure it wouldn’t have done that much damage in my old TJ.

So now I'm in the market for a deer defending bumper. Something that sits a little higher and closer to the fender flares. I'm thinking the AEV or Fab Four bumpers would have helped in this case.
just put spikes on the bumper so the deer sticks instead of rolling up and over... then you can just shoot it in the head when you get home and carve up some steaks.

sorry for your loss... i would defintely pursue insurance for that much damage... and dump on so fun mods while i was at it.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TreyB
What did you do about the deer?
somebody missed lunch
Old 12-19-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jckid
Wow! Very sorry to hear about your Jeep. That totally sucks that it happened on the very first day of ownership. I remember the day I picked up mine. I was totally on cloud 9 driving home. When I first heard about the new 4-dr. Wrangler, I knew I had to have one, and I patiently waited for months, like so many others on here. To have something like that happen on the way home would have been devastating. I hope they get it all fixed up for you and that you end up with some nice upgrades as well.
I bought a '95 eclipse (in '94) and before I made the first payment it ended up flooding the parking lot of my apartments. The floor mats were floating about 8" above the seats.

Insurance didn't total it, but did pay for the repairs minus deductible ofcourse. I made 4 full payments before I got it back. I actually went and got it before the rear seat was replaced, it was still on back order.

Hopefully DC will get the parts out soon.

Good to hear everyone was ok.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Unreal man. Glad everyone is ok.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Glad to hear everyone is ok. I think the deer are pissed cause we keep building condo's. I'm nervous myself now. My two best friends have also been hit by deer within the last month,they're not jk's though so its no big deal!!

Quick Reply: Deer VS Sahara