Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Did Teraflex draglink flip and trackbar, Stoked!

Old 11-20-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Teraflex draglink flip and trackbar, Stoked!

This is one of the best mods I've done, second only to their speed bumps and fox shocks because I like to go FAST. It took about a hour, with the crappy cordless drill and harborfright drill bits, to do the draglink flip and trackbar. I already had a trackbar relocator welded to the axle, thanks JK Professor, but my old pos trackbar was to long with this set up. Now with everything parallel with with 4+" of lift it drives awesome! I really recommend this set up. Thanks Teraflex for the great products, and the $100 back for my old after market track bar!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you running the fox steering stabilizer too?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya, and the JKS front track bar mount gives you a hole to relocate that too. It may not make sense, but with damaged stock steering stabilizer I did not notice the bump steer as much. Once the HD SS was installed I think it keeps the front tires straight so when I hit a bump the radical angle my drag link was at would transfer a lot of movement through the steering wheel during daily driving.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

So are you running a stock pitman arm? I want to do a similar mod to my Jeep.

I have in my garage waiting to be put on a TF monster adj track bar and TF SS.

What else do I need to order to do the same setup you have???
Old 11-20-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Castalone
Ya, and the JKS front track bar mount gives you a hole to relocate that too. It may not make sense, but with damaged stock steering stabilizer I did not notice the bump steer as much. Once the HD SS was installed I think it keeps the front tires straight so when I hit a bump the radical angle my drag link was at would transfer a lot of movement through the steering wheel during daily driving.
When I put on my Fox Steering Stablilizer, it pushed so hard to the left. I had to tell the offroad shop to decrease the PSI from 150 to 50. Did you do the same thing?

Oh and with my fox steeriing stabilizer I relocated it with the tom woods bracket.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya I have the stock pitman arm. I think with 4-5" of lift, if I also had a drop pitman arm my draglink would be at a different angle then my trackbar. Also I didn't want to spend another $120 on another pitman arm and puller. I prefer a trackbar relocator, like the JKS , because it takes the radical angle away from the trackbar due to the amount of lift. Plus the JKS front mount is much stronger, gives you a place to relocate the SS, and gussets the RF upper control arm mount to the axle. Going fast brakes a lot of s#$t!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iwantaJK
So are you running a stock pitman arm? I want to do a similar mod to my Jeep.

I have in my garage waiting to be put on a TF monster adj track bar and TF SS.

What else do I need to order to do the same setup you have???
Stock pitman arm. By flipping the draglink to the top of the steering knuckle a dropped pitman arm is not required.

Below is a link to the HD Frame Brace and Draglink Kit. I have this on my Jeep along with TF's 4" flexarm lift. Drives GREAT with 37" GY MTR's w/ Kevlar

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...-flip-kit.html
Old 11-20-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
When I put on my Fox Steering Stablilizer, it pushed so hard to the left. I had to tell the offroad shop to decrease the PSI from 150 to 50. Did you do the same thing?

Oh and with my fox steeriing stabilizer I relocated it with the tom woods bracket.
Ya, a couple buddies and I did this stabilizer and have the slight left thing going on. I want first get my alignment done, not just tape measure I have lifetime alignment from a local shop, and readjust my lower control arms. I have the recommended teraflex settings that "eliminate the jk pull to the right". I already have a nitrogen set up to adjust my shocks for desert running, so then I can mess with the steering stabilizer pressure.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ARinmyJK
Stock pitman arm. By flipping the draglink to the top of the steering knuckle a dropped pitman arm is not required.

Below is a link to the HD Frame Brace and Draglink Kit. I have this on my Jeep along with TF's 4" flexarm lift. Drives GREAT with 37" GY MTR's w/ Kevlar

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...-flip-kit.html
That is a sweet setup, but I had to get just the drag link first due to price. I might add the frame brace later if I go with the flex of a long arm kit and/or coil overs. That is when I think the frame will be flexing enough for me to worry about it.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Castalone
This is one of the best mods I've done, second only to their speed bumps and fox shocks because I like to go FAST. It took about a hour, with the crappy cordless drill and harborfright drill bits, to do the draglink flip and trackbar. I already had a trackbar relocator welded to the axle, thanks JK Professor, but my old pos trackbar was to long with this set up. Now with everything parallel with with 4+" of lift it drives awesome! I really recommend this set up. Thanks Teraflex for the great products, and the $100 back for my old after market track bar!
That really looks sharp and will be on my list. Teraflex makes awesome stuff.

Quick Reply: Did Teraflex draglink flip and trackbar, Stoked!