Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Did Toyota beat Jeep to the punch?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

They beat jeep in the rust race. That's about it. It's pretty bad when a manufacturer buys back premature rusty vehicles instead of fixing the problem. Toyota is Japanese for silly westerners.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Toyota beat Jeep to the punch?
Yea, they beat us to a punch in the face for an ugly vehicle!
Easy care interior? I guess so, seeing how it can't remove its top it doesn’t get as dirty/wet?
and that looks absolutely nothing like a willy.

I would take my topless Jeep Wrangler any day over that....
Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

first... no auto maker can beat jeep regarding a willys.... willys is part of the jeep history and will be bring back maybe in a aniversary edition. and that toyota.. to me is a grocery go getter ! i like the old FJ the real jeep imitation but only coz i couldnt afford the real jeep back then ! lol
Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Locko
... and will be bring back maybe in a aniversary edition. ...
That's exactly what I was thinking. 75 years is coming up pretty quickly--if they release something like that now, they ruin the chance to make the 75th anniversary edition special. They just need to bring back Jeep green in the interim. Love my Jeep green!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 AM
JK Newbie

I think that FJ looks more like a special edition ninja turtle vehicle - ready to tackle any road or sewer in the city!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default FJ nearly drove me crazy

I've posted previously about the differences I experienced with my 07' FJ versus my 09 Sahara 4dr. No way is that a version of historic Jeep. The suicide doors alone kill the vehicle use imo. Good luck getting 4 people out of an FJ with cars on either side....or brush. Cheap plastic interior rattled after a short time, premium gas only (07's), no sunroof, key open only rear window, only 2 windows in the vehicle, no center console cover, fold down annoying arm rest, need to remove headrest to lay seat down, non flat laid down rear seats, no visibility, overly sensitive seatbelt chimes when duffle in passenger seat, stupid stereo settings, poor paint for easy chipping, wrong way rear door swing, etc etc. nope, nothing even close to a jeep. Yes, the no carpet was nice, but the back of the rear seat scratched up with deep gashes easy so not better imo.

it did have way better power on the pavement, that's for sure. But not 4wd.
White top really did keep interior cooler.
standard 120 outlet in the back was nice.
very cool dashboard compartment over steering wheel, perfect for pistol/gps.

nothing beats taking the top and doors off. If it rattles on a jeep, you can pretty much just take it off. Overall, Jeep wins out hands down....for me that is.

Quick Reply: Did Toyota beat Jeep to the punch?