Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

DIY Driveshafts?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Driveshafts?

The hot ticket for YJ's and TJ's was to build your own CV driveshaft using the front driveshaft from an XJ... Has anyone fiddled with building thier own driveshafts for the JK?
Old 06-18-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's so many options out there, not really sure why you'd wanna do that except for a pet project. But I think there's far more pet projects that would one would be better off doing.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by aermotor
There's so many options out there, not really sure why you'd wanna do that except for a pet project. But I think there's far more pet projects that would one would be better off doing.
well i think it depends on the situation.
i am about to have a dana 60 kingpin from a 79 ford ready for my jeep. it will have manuel locking hubs so a square tubing driveshaft might be a possibility that i use.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dlincoln91
well i think it depends on the situation.
i am about to have a dana 60 kingpin from a 79 ford ready for my jeep. it will have manuel locking hubs so a square tubing driveshaft might be a possibility that i use.
Are you keeping it full width??? Full width is about 69.75" WMS to WMS and I am 68.5" WMS to WMS with my 1.5" spacers and my stock rubicon axles.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Are you keeping it full width??? Full width is about 69.75" WMS to WMS and I am 68.5" WMS to WMS with my 1.5" spacers and my stock rubicon axles.
well your actually kinda wrong full width is between 66 and 70 inches when talking about different axles and yes it will be full width witch will be 66.75 inches which is a hair wider than my stock. its a 1979 ford f350 dana 60 kingpin
Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dlincoln91
well your actually kinda wrong full width is between 66 and 70 inches when talking about different axles and yes it will be full width witch will be 66.75 inches which is a hair wider than my stock. its a 1979 ford f350 dana 60 kingpin
I guess it matters which side of the tracks your raised on,, but I was kinda meaning a full sized 3/4 ton or greater on a newer American made truck (F. D. or C. kinda quoting what Dynatrac said to me) anyway beyond the true meaning or "full width" if your lookin at 66.75 throw a couple spacers on there and your right at 69.75 that Dynatrac quoted me for their "full width", He even said "I can make you an axle up to 70 inches" thats when he explained to me that "On newer American 3/4 ton or greater axles your lookin at 69.25 to 69.75 inches". Thanks, I will go with 70" to clear the 40's from hittin the frame rails or lower arms when full flexed out and turned on the down side on the axle.

Last edited by Jknockers; 06-20-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers
I guess it matters which side of the tracks your raised on,, but I was kinda meaning a full sized 3/4 ton or greater on a newer American made truck (F. D. or C. kinda quoting what Dynatrac said to me) anyway beyond the true meaning or "full width" if your lookin at 66.75 throw a couple spacers on there and your right at 69.75 that Dynatrac quoted me for their "full width", He even said "I can make you an axle up to 70 inches" thats when he explained to me that "On newer American 3/4 ton or greater axles your lookin at 69.25 to 69.75 inches". Thanks, I will go with 70" to clear the 40's from hittin the frame rails or lower arms when full flexed out and turned on the down side on the axle.

Yeh your right there . I plan to run spacers but i also plan to kinda do trial and error also i have to wait for the 14 bolt rear

Quick Reply: DIY Driveshafts?