Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Does catching fire issue getting better for 2012 models?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does catching fire issue getting better for 2012 models?

By searching on google and this forum, numbers people report theirs jeep burned in fire. Mostly the fire started when running, one case I saw on the forum is catching firm while parking in the garage. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ep+Fire+Recall)

These stories really really scared me... I don't want to wake up in the mid-night and worry about my house would burn out by my jeep.

I am thinking to get a Sahara this week, does the situation got better for the 2012 models?

Need your feedback to make a decision.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

No way. Its worse, the 12s come with a fire blanket as standard equipment.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

The one that caught fire in the garage was not the Jeeps fault. A faulty ipod charger was left plugged in, on the power socket that's always hot. Even a good charger shouldn't be left operating unattended.

I think most of the fires were caused by overheated automatic transmissions. The 2012s come with a better trans cooler, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The one that caught fire in the garage was not the Jeeps fault. A faulty ipod charger was left plugged in, on the power socket that's always hot. Even a good charger shouldn't be left operating unattended.

I think most of the fires were caused by overheated automatic transmissions. The 2012s come with a better trans cooler, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks, that is what I expected.
Just did some random search on the forum, looks there are a lot problems people complain about, miss shift, all lights went on, cannot started...
If I am driving the JK on the road most time, does all the trouble I may have worth it?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by ecetianxin
Thanks, that is what I expected.
Just did some random search on the forum, looks there are a lot problems people complain about, miss shift, all lights went on, cannot started...
If I am driving the JK on the road most time, does all the trouble I may have worth it?
Forums like this make problems seem a lot more frequent than they actually are. People look for answers only when something is wrong.

The vast majority of JKs have no problems at all. Mine is one of them.
You take a chance when buying any brand of vehicle, or any product, for that matter.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 PM
JK Newbie

Forums like this make problems seem a lot more frequent than they actually are. People look for answers only when something is wrong.

You take a chance when buying any brand of vehicle, or any product, for that matter.
That make sense. Will post when I got the Sahara
Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 AM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-320683283.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	287566

^
Your Jeep

Trending Topics

Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default Yea that's what I said until it happened to me.

That is what I thought to, until my 2010 JK caught fire. all it had was 32.5 inch Goodyear Duratracks and a teraflex leveling kit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSpFB...ature=youtu.be No hard wheeling, only had 20,000 miles on it. By the way this is my 5th jeep. last one was a yj my dad and I had a old 78 cj. one 53 willy, and a 43 ford mb

Quick Reply: Does catching fire issue getting better for 2012 models?