Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Double M-PAC Seat Rack (Prototype)

Old 07-24-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Double M-PAC Seat Rack (Prototype)

I went and saw Doc at Springtail Solutions yesterday so he could measure my JK for a few measurments, and while I was there he had a new product I saw to go with my other seat rack. I tried to document my install a bit more this time, but it really is easy.

I did one seat this way, and then I will mention the other way I did the other seat. The first thing I did was to mask the back of the seat so I could see my markings for where to drill.

Then I set the rack down, and aligned it with the edges of the metal seat frame. I also went about 1" down from the seam where the carpet and the seat material combine. This seam is not straight so you may need to measure a bit differently. The edges of the rack will align with the edges of the metal in the seat back.

Then I marked the 6 mounting holes, and center punced them. Then I drilled a 7/64" pilot hole.

After this pull the tape off. Then use the 6 screws to attach it to where you drilled. On the sides you need to press firmly to get the screws through the hole similar to the same way on the gate rack.

The way I did the install before that went much faster, and also easier was just to measure down about an inch and just use the screws. The screws can cut the sheet metal so the drilling really didn't seem too necessary, and the cleanliness of the holes isn't too important since the carpet will hide it. Here are the pictures of the finished product.

Since I usually just have 1 passenger with me while I am off-road with the seats folded down all of these are within reach of both the driver and passenger.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 PM
JK Junkie

Very cool and practicle
Old 07-25-2009, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks fantastic! Still not crazy about drilling into my seats though.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like that
Old 07-25-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Skippman
Looks fantastic! Still not crazy about drilling into my seats though.
the holes are so small and through the carpet that if you want to take the rack off a quick vacuum will make it imposible to find the holes without poking around for about an hour.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just realized those mount where my hard top carrier goes. DOAH.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

now that is too friggin cool man, great idea,
Old 07-28-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joepile
Doc you did it again, that looks awesome

ill take the smaller seat rack that woudl solve so many issues for me.... maybe ui should just get both then everything would be out of the way

hmmmmmm DAMN YOU DOC AND YOURE INNOVATION... you are killing my wallet

kidding love the mpac racks
Just wait until you see the next rack he is working on. It will be heavy duty enough to mount a power tank to.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

If you're still counting to see if you can sell 25, I'd definitely be interested in the seat back mounted racks for my 4DR.

As I recently purchased a power tank and have not decided where to mount it, I am anxiously awaiting your HD rack as well !!!!

I'm also the guy who emailed with the suggestion to make the back door rack fold down into a table.

Looks like I'll be spending lots of $$ with M-PAC in the near future!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Junkie

I know that when I mentioned having to buy a Power Tank to mount onto the new rack to my wife I got the stink eye. Now I just need to decide on a size to get.

Quick Reply: Double M-PAC Seat Rack (Prototype)