Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Duel mounts for my High-Lift

Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duel mounts for my High-Lift

I mounted my high lift with a homemade mount last year. It has worked really well and is solid with no rattles. I had to take my jack out this week to move a power washer and re-discovered how convenient it is to have the jack out of there! It is so much easier to get stuff in and out of the cargo area without it in the way. Originally I didn’t mount it high because I wanted to be able to raise and lower the top without removing the jack, but I realized this week that I seldom put the top UP in the summer, or DOWN in the winter. Most of the year I could easily leave the jack mounted high. So I whipped up a second mount. I’ll leave it up high most of the time, and when I know I may be raising or lowering the top a lot I’ll put the jack in the lower mount. Neither mount is too ugly or in the way when not in use.

Original mount:

Here is my new high mount:

Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Nice!

I also like where you mounted the fire extinguisher, shovel, and axe. I might have to use your idea.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboyxjon
Nice!

I also like where you mounted the fire extinguisher, shovel, and axe. I might have to use your idea.
It is a handy place for big tools. They don't really take much useable space back there and are easy to get to when you need them. I used quick fist mounts and cut down the shovel and axe to fit

Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Paint the red part of your jack yellow, a little extra paint prevents rust and the color match would look very clean

Quick Reply: Duel mounts for my High-Lift