Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Problems

Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Problems

I've just bought this Front Dynatrac Pro Rock 60, and they have less than 200 miles on them. It's been off road once. As you can see from the picture, there is a significant clearance / rubbing issue on the Driver side Front. It's only on the Front part 4:30 through 12, the Rear part is fine between 12 and 3. The Passenger side is all clear and has correct spacing, nothing rubs. After blowing 9k on the axle, you could assume I'm fairly pissed. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this before.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would imagine that they will take great care of you.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

I believe Steve @ dynatrac is on vacation.. I would try him next week! when is the axle build date? this should be covered under warranty if it's under a year old!

I have the same axles and I have no problems with mine. that's very rare that something like this would slip.. do you know if it was abused before you installed it? jumped or something crazy like that?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

they will take care of it. shit happens try not to be pissed
Old 07-30-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

The people who built my jeep are in contact with Dynatrac. But their initial response is "Never seen that before"

I understand shit happens, it just sucks that it happens on this build. I dumped a truck load of $$ into this. I just wanted to see if any 1 had a similar problem, being that there are such rave / bulletproof reviews on the dynatrac products.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Ok will do. We are disassembling it tomorrow.

Last edited by bhardy; 08-02-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bhardy
Ok will do. We are disassembling it tomorrow.
I'm very sorry that you've been having issues. Please call me ASAP and we'll see what we can do to resolve this quickly. Check your PM.

Scott
Old 08-15-2010, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

I also have the front Pro Rock 60 on my JK. I had the same situation in the few hundered miles. When I called they said the same thing. The rubbing didn't make much noise and eventually clearanced itself. I have 12k miles on it now and it is just a rusty clearanced area but, no rubbing. I’m sure ignoring it was not smart on my part but, I got busy and haven't thought much about it until i saw your post. I will be anxious to hear more about what you find out. I really don't want to disassemble it!!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

I had an update from my installer. It was something they did when were trying to align my vehicle, and adjusted the cams or cadence... There was no permanent damage, but it still sucks. I'll get the exact verbiage and let you know.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Problems