Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Engine swap questions

Old 09-01-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap questions

After reading many posts on these threads it seems two of the most common complaints are the lack of power with the 3.8 and the transmission torque converter problems. I don't think I can afford to go this radical, but have a few questions concerning an engine swap:

Sounds like the most common swap is a HEMI, right?
Are you buying them new, from where? How much?
Are you buying them used, from where? How much?
What transmission are you using? Where, how much?
Satisfaction with the total completed package?
Drivetrain problems associated with additional HP and torque?
Driveability issues associated with extra weight?
Anyone using a V8 enough to comment on the mileage?

I'm sure I will think of more, but that should stimulate discussion.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Couple threads on the hemi kits...... but plan on at LEAST 5k...more REALISTICALLY you're looking at 10-20K for the swap..........
Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

there are few places offering the full package swap such as AEV , burnvell, screaming lezerd.

and the most common swap is the hemi 5.7 and the hemi 6.1 and there is a 6.4 strocked engine.

if you want used engine then you can search in the junk yards for grand cherokee srt8 engine, or dodge charger srt8 engine.
you will need to buy the swap parts and also the gear and transfer case and radiator. also you better change the axels to dana 60.

Quick Reply: Engine swap questions