Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First outting with the doors/top off!

Old 07-26-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First outting with the doors/top off!

Okay... first... amazing! I loved driving with everything opened up... I also noticed that when I have the top/doors on, I get one "Jeep wave" for every 7 or 8 Wranglers I see... with doors/top off, every Jeep I passed gave me that wave... awesome....

So, a friend and I (only my Jeep) went out looking for anything to drive in/up/down/whatever... we found a steep decline down rocks (about 10 feet down) into a dried river bed with BIG rocks (almost half the height of the Jeep) and trees everywhere... we got down into it, though my friend doubted us getting down and especially getting out (I was pretty nervous too) when we DID get down I needed to use the Lockers to get in between the rock and a tree, then we just did a quick U-turn and had to get out... easily 60 precent grade... easily... 4-Lo couldnt get me out, so the Lockers were on again... literally NO problem getting out... I knew that I could get out IF we didnt roll. So, we hit it, climbed it no problem and got out... I got out of the Jeep screaming in excitement... then we did it again! Sorry, no pics of the area we wheeled... but here is a pic of the topless jeep!

Last edited by blackmarketg4; 07-26-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

doors off is great! watch for rain though, trust me
Old 07-26-2007, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigJerm
doors off is great! watch for rain though, trust me
At first, the sun was out and beautiful... then it got cloudy, then cleared a little bit... the we got back to my place and literally it started thundering when we parked... got the top on when the first drops came down. Got the doors on after it started pouring, but no worries, nothing got too wet... perfect timing.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

I so miss having the doors and top off. It has rained every stinking day so far this summer here in Florida! :(
Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

I'm still waiting for a 100% dry day to take my doors off...can't wait!

Quick Reply: First outting with the doors/top off!