Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First: ProRock 44 Install by EVO

Old 10-28-2009, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
These I want!!!!!! I'd love to see the pricing. I'm assuming way more affordable thanthe 60's. To me the 3.8 is too small for 60's.

Thanks for the post, can't wait to see more.
It's ALL about the gearing! There's plenty of 4-bangers turning 37s+, but they have really low gearing at the axles and transfer case.

I hear the price is around $4,000 for the ProRock44s with gearing and carriers of choice.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
It's ALL about the gearing! There's plenty of 4-bangers turning 37s+, but they have really low gearing at the axles and transfer case.

I hear the price is around $4,000 for the ProRock44s with gearing and carriers of choice.
$4000 each??? 4wd. com has the bare bones ProRock 44 for around $2000

I am currently running 35s on my d30 with no upgrades. I plan on eventually going to 37s. My previous list was this:
Off Road Evo Gussets
Off Road Evo Sleeves for Front D30
Front Axle Super 30 upgrade w/ ARB air locker
Rear Axle Super 44 upgrade w/ ARB air locker
ARB Air Locker Tank w/ Tire Inflation
ARB Pump and Lines for Inflation
Rubicon Express Stainless Steel Airlines for ARB Locker
Yukon JK 4.88 Front and Rear with Overhaul Kit
Front and Rear J.E. Reel 1350 driveshafts
Crown extended brake lines, Front and Rear
Diff covers, Front and Rear

And yes, I planned on running 37s on a d30, but I priced all this out and got to around $5000 in parts alone. Install is a whole 'nother story. Now with this new ProRock 44, I am reconsidering...

1. If I wanted a fully built front axle, including 4.88 or 5.13 gears (Yukon or Superior) and an ARB locker, what would I be looking at price-wise?

2. What are the advantages to purchasing a rear ProRock 44 as well (similarly built)? Basically what is the difference between adding the Super 44 kit with ARB locker to my current rear 44, along with gears, as opposed to another built rear Dynatrac axle?

If someone at Dynatrac could give me an estimate that would be awesome, feel free to PM me.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joneszj
$4000 each??? 4wd. com has the bare bones ProRock 44 for around $2000

I am currently running 35s on my d30 with no upgrades. I plan on eventually going to 37s. My previous list was this:
Off Road Evo Gussets
Off Road Evo Sleeves for Front D30
Front Axle Super 30 upgrade w/ ARB air locker
Rear Axle Super 44 upgrade w/ ARB air locker
ARB Air Locker Tank w/ Tire Inflation
ARB Pump and Lines for Inflation
Rubicon Express Stainless Steel Airlines for ARB Locker
Yukon JK 4.88 Front and Rear with Overhaul Kit
Front and Rear J.E. Reel 1350 driveshafts
Crown extended brake lines, Front and Rear
Diff covers, Front and Rear

And yes, I planned on running 37s on a d30, but I priced all this out and got to around $5000 in parts alone. Install is a whole 'nother story. Now with this new ProRock 44, I am reconsidering...

1. If I wanted a fully built front axle, including 4.88 or 5.13 gears (Yukon or Superior) and an ARB locker, what would I be looking at price-wise?

2. What are the advantages to purchasing a rear ProRock 44 as well (similarly built)? Basically what is the difference between adding the Super 44 kit with ARB locker to my current rear 44, along with gears, as opposed to another built rear Dynatrac axle?

If someone at Dynatrac could give me an estimate that would be awesome, feel free to PM me.
If you are looking for Quote feel free to contact our place of Business
Either
Off Road Evolution
or
Dynatrac

This always works better than calling out for something on a forum

This way you can get the correct quote for your needs and insure they are listening

Mel
Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by evolution
If you are looking for Quote feel free to contact our place of Business
Either
Off Road Evolution
or
Dynatrac

This always works better than calling out for something on a forum

This way you can get the correct quote for your needs and insure they are listening

Mel
Will do. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want to go bigger than 35 on day and I have a dana 30 up front. But I am not hardcore enough to go to 60 so this looks like a good option. What is the largest tire danatrac recommends.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Junkie

You have to think about it...

If it is $2,000 for bare bones, that means it's ONLY the housing.

So, you need:

Carrier
Ring and Pinion
Master Kit
Axle Shafts

Say you go with with a Detroit, round it of to $600 for the carrier. Another $600 for r&p w/overhaul kit. Say another $600 for shafts. That's $1,800. Brings the sum to $3,800. Now...installation.

But again, what I heard, not what I know. I'm not interested in the ProRock44 so I don't know their price, just what I heard.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

2,000 is not bad if you have a Rubicon and swap everything over.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Tony23
2,000 is not bad if you have a Rubicon and swap everything over.
If you already have a 44 now you can up grade to the Pro rock with a lot less expense and receive more ground clearance than a JK Dana 44 , stronger housings, tubes and stronger Cs
so when you bend your 44 it is an easy replacement upgrade

Mel
Old 10-29-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
First off, thanks for starting this thread Mel! Off Road Evolution is on the cutting edge of JK technology and it is nice to have
them embrace our new product and we really trust them to handle the first installation.

Here are some more pictures of the ProRock 44. This one shows gears inside of the pumpkin without the diff cover. The PR44 can be machined for two different configurations. The first one is for compatibility with the factory electric locking differential. The second setup is for compatibility with standard D44 lockers like an ARB or Detroit. The one shown in the photo below is an example of the second type with an open differential. These castings are made 100% here in America out of a proprietary grade of ductile iron. After casting they are machined on a state of the art CNC milling center.

Here is a picture which shows the progress of the part from art in the computer to an assembled test axle in real life. Dynatrac is equipped with the latest 3D CAD software which allows us to use the right tool for the job at the design stage. That translates into a better quality product for the end user.

This photo shows the heavy duty forged inner "C". The C was designed to be factory compatible with the existing JK parts including the axle shafts and steering knuckle. It is a true steel forging(not a casting). It is also 100% made in the USA. Everything just bolts on like normal. The configuration shown also features our new ProSteer JK ball joints and the larger J8 military brakes. All of the brackets are also Dynatrac original designs including the new billet coil seat with a helical cutout to seat the spring squarely. All of the brackets have been beefed up including the new sway bar tab which is a full 3/8" thick and features a larger weld area.

You might have guessed, but the brackets are also 100% made in the USA. We are really proud to say all of our parts are designed in California and made in the USA. Next time you buy parts for your JK ask where they were made. Then ask yourself if you're really getting something worth paying for. The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price.

So the housing machined for a Rubicon just has the two holes for the sensor
and locker switch or is there more machining required?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by evolution
If you already have a 44 now you can up grade to the Pro rock with a lot less expense and receive more ground clearance than a JK Dana 44 , stronger housings, tubes and stronger Cs
so when you bend your 44 it is an easy replacement upgrade

Mel
This is what I am hoping to do. I guess I will just need to work harder to bend my housing so I can sell this to my wife.

Quick Reply: First: ProRock 44 Install by EVO