Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First Real Mod!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Rather than mess with the fuse box (which is what he means when he says circuit breaker box), just go directly to the battery. But, you MUST have a fuse in the light circuit! If you don't and something happens (wire gets worn through the insulation over time, etc), you could have an electrical fire.
He has a fuse from the battery to the relay. Do I need a seperate one?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by matt852

He has a fuse from the battery to the relay. Do I need a seperate one?
No, that should be fine. With the questions you're asking you might do well to have a friend who is a little savvy with electricity look at your work--just to keep things safe. Or maybe someone from the forum who lives close by.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

I'm not sure why the pics aren't showing anymore

Attachment 146404Attachment 146405
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
No, that should be fine. With the questions you're asking you might do well to have a friend who is a little savvy with electricity look at your work--just to keep things safe. Or maybe someone from the forum who lives close by.
I think this is the terminal at the fuse box he's talking about would it be safe to plug it in at the terminal? He said he ran it like that when he had it but told me to be careful because they would be independent. Would it be okay for me to also put another switches power at that location?

Attachment 146598
Old 04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Should I Paint them blue or black or keep them the way they are?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

i ran my wire to fuse m34...i believe it controls the HVAC...i tried to run it to that terminal but the switch has a red light that stays on when lights are off and a green light when lights are on so even when the jeep was off it was drawing power off the battery...the way i rigged it up it only lights up when the jeep is running
Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepgreenjeep
i ran my wire to fuse m34...i believe it controls the HVAC...i tried to run it to that terminal but the switch has a red light that stays on when lights are off and a green light when lights are on so even when the jeep was off it was drawing power off the battery...the way i rigged it up it only lights up when the jeep is running
thanks man are there any other terminals that are open like that I could possibly hook it up to? I'm thinking it should be okay to hook the switches up there since don't the security lights of a JK also stay on? It would be like having a security system installed and the light being on.

Last edited by matt852; 04-04-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks man are there any other terminals that are open like that I could possibly hook it up to? I'm thinking it should be okay to hook the switches up there since don't the security lights of a JK also stay on? It would be like having a security system installed and the light being on.
yeah i guess that would be true...i have manual locks and windows so i have no security system on my jeep...as far as i've seen that's the only terminal.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepgreenjeep
yeah i guess that would be true...i have manual locks and windows so i have no security system on my jeep...as far as i've seen that's the only terminal.
Yeah same here barebones everything, Thanks Man I think I'll just run both of my switches powers to that terminal, Could I also purchase a line tap because the wire on my other switchs power is kinda short so could I simply tap the one I'm hooking up directly to the terminal of the fuse box?

Something like this

with the chord of the switch being connected dirrectly to the terminal and the tapper being the switch with the shorter line.

Last edited by matt852; 04-04-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah same here barebones everything, Thanks Man I think I'll just run both of my switches powers to that terminal, Could I also purchase a line tap because the wire on my other switchs power is kinda short so could I simply tap the one I'm hooking up directly to the terminal of the fuse box?
that i'm not sure of...hopefully someone else can answer that one for you

Quick Reply: First Real Mod!!!