Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

flaming red jk

Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The tires arent neccesarily backwards, it all depends on your intended use, they are designed to work in both directions, one setup is for maximum flotation, the other is for maximum traction. Check M/T's site, i am sure the explanation is there.

That is a nice looking rig, i certainly respect all the $ & work it took to get it there.

Love the rock-star borders on the pics! Neat touch.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how's the wind noise on that rack? Looks great.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Follow Up.....

thanks for the comps'

like i said before.....looks can be deceiving! my jk was purchase through the military as they had special pricing and rebates while being deployed.
so i saved all my pennies for a year and a half while i was in kirkuk, iraq playing army postman.

most of the parts were from places that gave military discounts such as jeeperman and four wheel parts wholesalers.

other parts were being at the right place at the right time such as the rack and mastercraft seats from off road warehouse who were at the tierra del sol.

so to recap on some of the questions...there is no wind noise from the rack and the only holes tht were drilled were in the rear. there is a very strong section of metal when you take the rear lights off. i did notice some (very slight) movement when i was in some cross wind.

will it be a rock crawler GAWD NO!! but she will see a lot of trails throughout the desert of baja, so-cal and arizona and later this month i should be picking up the advebture trailer.

i am 46 and i like my sounds loud- from classic, new wave, punk, rock and the sound system is very clear on the highs as well as a nice thump.

the pinzgauer- well i had that for quite a while and she has seen a lot of trails but now i will spend a year working on her and cleaning her up....now my sammy (samurai) is a rock crawler and has been my faithful since 86',

so there you go- thats how ya get a jeep at cost but by no means is it worth going to iraq for over a year and eating chow hall food!!!

the rockster

oh yes 4 wheel parts in phoenis will have a small truck show this saturday and i will be at the phoenix location on 7th st and 17 freeway!

Last edited by sgt rock; 03-07-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-10-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looking For:

i am looking for a chrome grill inlay...i have seen the pics but do not know who carries it and i not seen it on the mopar site????

roxster
Old 03-12-2007, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Would you be so kind to tell us what wheels and size you have on the jeep? Very nice ride, looks like something Unique whips woudl have produced!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default answers to your questions

Would you be so kind to tell us what wheels and size you have on the jeep? Very nice ride, looks like something Unique whips woudl have produced!

wheel are 17 inch walker evans
http://www.walkerevansracing.com/

4 inch lift was from terra flex

tires are 35 inch MT's

thanks for the comp!!! pretty much given thumbs up at times when i drive and have been late to work as people will make me pull over....

much more to come and will update when i get the adventure trailer!
http://www.adventuretrailers.com/

the rockster
Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sgt rock
thanks for the comps'

i am 46 and i like my sounds loud- from classic, new wave, punk, rock and the sound system is very clear on the highs as well as a nice thump.

Ahhh, all is well now. You didn't say Rap. I was worried you were rollin with gawd awful gangsta crap blarin.

Very, very nice Jeep.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default yes no rap and no country.....

heh heh heh

well i do listen to everything but the jk will never have rap playing and sorry to say no good ole boy music- never said i did not like it but Van Halen or some Motley Crue is what my JK likes.....

again thanks for the comp and now i am looking at a bigger engine....

the rockster
Old 03-14-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

That's a damn good looking setup! Enjoy, you deserve it. I spent 6 months in the desert during Desert Shield/Desert Storm, so I know about saving money while you are gone, and enjoying spending it when you get home.

Quick Reply: flaming red jk